• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Holy Grail Acquired!!!!!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

Congrats,

I once saw these together in the past, extremely cool and rare! I believe that they were also once featured in an article in "The Scoop".

PM'd you, but for some reason they sent my message multiple times over???

Just read the one sent at 4:07 and delete the rest.

Again, congrats on a neat and rare acquisition!

Dwight

Great stuff you have there BOOT! Your Spiderman comics are shaped just like my Red Falcon comics!!!!!! I actually have the Texaco comic but I know if anybody else would have one it would be you!!!!!!

When I think of key/iconic Superman covers, this is one of them.

Plus it has (I think) the first "expanded" origin story (10 pages long) compared to the initial origin story which was encapsulated in 2 pages.

ok thanks Miraclemet that is what i was thinking as well...

It might not be super key compared to other great Golden Superman books but over in Sweden it is THE Holy Grail as it was the cover of Superman #1 over there in 1949.

It prices for over $2,000 as opposed to the american version is a lot less

I dont own one, but im trying to source it through dealers.

Over at CBR on their top 75 Superman Stories (action, superman, anything) it ranked as 56.

But considering they have a major modern slant that's pretty good!

Here are their other key Golden Age Superman Stories:

54. “Superman Returns To Krypton!” Superman Volume 1 #61 (1949)

First time Superman is exposed to Kryptonite. Also the story of Superman discovering his own origin.

47. “The Mysterious Mr. Mxyztplk!” Superman Volume 1 #30 (1944)

First Mr Mxztplk

thats it. Now this is key STORIES, not key comic book issues... but the fact that it was one of only three books listed, even on a site that skews very modern is something...

Awesome can you show me the link of the top Superman Stories please??

If I am lucky enough to land such a Swedish Grail Ill post it.

They didnt call him Superman, they called him Stalmannen, a direct translation of "Steel-Man" :roflmao: