• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

most undervalued superman/batman books in general

27 posts in this topic

i won't lie, Detective Comics 31 might not be undervalued, but its probably the gold standard in early covers for me, just perfect, something to aspire to
Top 3 or 5 top GA covers :preach:

Top 5? What 4 would you consider as putting higher?

I have some ideas, but as far as a big superhero with a super badass cover, Tec 31 is tough to beat.

i won't lie, Detective Comics 31 might not be undervalued, but its probably the gold standard in early covers for me, just perfect, something to aspire to

I have some ideas, but as far as a big superhero with a super badass cover, Tec 31 is tough to beat.

Action #1

Cap # 1

Action# 7

Det# 1 ( considering 1937)

Well in terms of BAdAzz "only" not value or importance, I would vote for TEC 31, 29, 35 in that order, BB

top 2; topped only by fantastic 3.

To all,

I am merely a spectator for the most part as collecting high grade early action/detective books(pre robin) can be a very costly undertaking, i have dipped my toes in the water and bought the Billy Wright Action Comics 23 in the Feb 2012 auction, mostly because Lex Luthor is my favorite character next to Superman and i liked the story behind Billy (before it became the Chicago Black Sox pedigree), and i will hold and cherish this book till i die...... That being said, and since i read this thread on an almost daily basis to absorb the knowledge of the collecting community, can the board members tell me what their most "undervalued" book is?

I would go with your Action Comics 23 for long-term most undervalued, while

short-term I go with Superman 76 1st Batman/Superman team up as most undervalued.

2c