• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 12 : Contest

63 posts in this topic

okay, can someone explain to me why that's a 9.0? confused.gif

i thought the damage to the back cover along 3 of the corners would knock this copy down a lot.

Remember that's a 1.3MB scan, 400% more intense than the other scans he put up.

gossip.gif

okay, can someone explain to me why that's a 9.0? confused.gif

i thought the damage to the back cover along 3 of the corners would knock this copy down a lot.

Remember that's a 1.3MB scan, 400% more intense than the other scans he put up.

gossip.gif

Ugh. Next time i'm going to stand back 5 feet and then grade.

oh well.

Wow, there's a gift grade if I've ever seen one. 27_laughing.gif

I feel the same way! 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Didnt your team guess 9.4 confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, but only because I intimidated the *&^%$* out of them! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

He is very intimidating when he wants the grade he gives me this sumo.gif When he does this I give in and say okay he has been our best grader but with me always out there draggin the grade down they never know how to take me! You know what were in last place but I wouldnt give up on my teammates if you paid me! We simply all get along and are never stressed out by it! Its nice that way to be able to get along even when your getting your kicked!

Davidking623

both David and I gave the book a low grade 7.0 and 8.0 because of what I thought were FATAL flaws like that lower spinal corner. But Divad brought up the thread where nikos initially posted this raw and it totally confused the heck out of me. Plus Divad noticed a suspicious ring pf pride in this particular book in nikos' posts, as if he snuck a POS FN/VF book like this into a CGC slab with a 9.4 label. Maybe I read too much into it, but truth be told, I see wear like this on a book even if just on the back, I'm grading it and selling it as an 8.0, IMO... sumo.gif

but yeah, our team has a lot of fun despite being in last place...all it tells me is that I can't grade scans for $#!+ .....