• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obscure Marvel Titles...

135 posts in this topic

One that jumped out at me (again from this same collection I acquired) is the Camp Candy comic - that's one that I'd never known about:

623687.jpg

surprised that wasnt part of their "Star" line...

That's the same thought that popped into my head when I saw this (another book from that same collection):

644725.jpg

If we move out of Bronze, Pirates of Dark Water, Suburban Ninja She-Devils, Pinocchio & the Emperor of Night, James Bond Jr. (may have been Star), Toxic Avengers, Kid N' Play, Double Dragon, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Zorro.

A few of the STAR titles can be tough. I went after the CPV's and have a good chunk of them, but this one may be one that slipped through. Not 100% sure though as I have the newsstand copy which lists a Can and US price with the barcode, but no UK price. That is a bit off the path of the way the mult-price books were sold at the time so this may have been just at the point where Marvel cut off making CPV's:

745071.jpg

Meet Misty (the one I got is issue 5 with the CPV 95 cent price)

1102511.jpg

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=8834&GSub=629

Sweet!

I'm starting to wonder if a few issues slipped through my quest to complete my STAR CPV run. After seeing the 95 cent copy of issue 5, I'm certain a Meet Misty #1 with the 95 cent price exists. Still not sure about the Hugga Bunch though

it's a trick question. There's no such thing as an obscure marvel title.

It's all relative to demographic and collecting interests. I can tell you though that if we were speaking strictly about how often these types of books are "seen", and factoring in the 20+ years of buying collections, a few I've only ever seen once.