• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Bryan Cranston confirmed to play Lex Luthor in Batman/Man of Steel?

Supposedly the delayed official announcement has a marketing motivation behind it.

An official announcement of Cranston’s casting will apparently be scheduled for after Breaking Bad finishes in order for the news to ride the wave of the finale, say Cosmic Book News.

And with Affleck, this number keeps popping up when it comes to appearance commitments.

People who were against Affleck landing the part – and there were quite a few – may not be pleased to hear the latest reports which say the Argo director and star could allegedly play Bruce Wayne for a total of 13 appearances in DC films.

this guy's career renaissance is astounding. i wish he were directing rather than snyder.

Too true, it's impressive to watch. But I've still never seen anything from him to suggest he can pull off such an hyper-serious character in front of the camera. He's too smirky.

Honest to God, I never thought I'd even consider that there might be a worse move than Bale, but... :(

I changed my mind. I got faith in Ben. :)

Im thinking this is not such a bad casting for Batman. My initial reaction was positive and, frankly, anyone could be a better Batman than Christian Bale. I never liked him in that role though the movies themselves were decent.

The only real problem I see with this is that hes too recognizable. I will see Ben in every scene and remember the daredevil days. I would much rather a lesser known actor be selected for the role. I think it adds to the character by increasing the anonymity.....at least at first. Some new struggling actor that has had some critical acclaim in limited work.

And the guy has seriously improved his acting chops over the years. I watched Good Will Hunting again a couple weeks ago and both Ben and Matt were rockin' some serious overacting. Watching Argo this morning, Ben's hardly the same guy. I know Daredevil sucked, but that doesn't mean it's impossible that he's gotten better over the past ten years.

And the guy has seriously improved his acting chops over the years. I watched Good Will Hunting again a couple weeks ago and both Ben and Matt were rockin' some serious overacting. Watching Argo this morning, Ben's hardly the same guy. I know Daredevil sucked, but that doesn't mean it's impossible that he's gotten better over the past ten years.

Also, we were next door neighbors and buddies growing up, so I gotta support the guy. :shy:

This is us in my backyard:

163894_10150091243595897_6144541_n.jpg

And us on Ben's front step:

164802_10150091242010897_7359413_n.jpg

Maybe I'm doing the hand jive? :shrug:

I actually like Ben Affleck in certain roles Argo was awesome,even Pearl Harbor was good to me.I just can't for the life of me see him as Batman,then again I was put off by Heath Ledger when cast,we all know how that turned out"brilliant".I really thought Bale was very good in this role and hoped he would continue,but alas I am crushed.

I actually like Ben Affleck in certain roles Argo was awesome,even Pearl Harbor was good to me.I just can't for the life of me see him as Batman,then again I was put off by Heath Ledger when cast,we all know how that turned out"brilliant".I really thought Bale was very good in this role and hoped he would continue,but alas I am crushed.

Bales' Batman voice didn't turn you off in every single Bat-scene? I just couldn't get past it. There were lots of other problems, but that could have ruined the whole series for me on its own.

Bales' Batman voice didn't turn you off in every single Bat-scene? I just couldn't get past it. There were lots of other problems, but that could have ruined the whole series for me on its own.

He had to disguise his voice so people he knew wouldn't know who he was. (shrug)

I thought the $50 MM rumor was going to become reality for Bale. But I think the overall franchise will be fine with this decision.

Affleck has something to prove to himself when it comes to overcoming the impacts of Daredevil. And if you read reviews about that movie, it wasn't his acting that hurt the movie. It was the -script.

So having an actor that now comes to the table with an Oscar-level background, I can't see him allowing anyone to put him into a bad spot with Batman vs. Superman. He can strongly encourage a potential better direction, and Snyder would be smart to listen.

He had to disguise his voice so people he knew wouldn't know who he was. (shrug)

I know that. But he didn't have to sound like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I know that. But he didn't have to sound like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

pOtato/potAto. (shrug)

pOtato/potAto. (shrug)

Idjit!! :sumo:

pOtato/potAto. (shrug)

Idjit!! :sumo:

lol I didn't know how to phrase that in writing,and just hoped you would get my meaning.

What do you guys think the reaction would have been to Matt Damon getting cast for Batman instead of Ben Affleck? He's regarded as the better actor of the pair, though, to me he doesn't have the right look at all (though, to be fair, you could level that charge against most/all of his predecessors as well). hm

What do you guys think the reaction would have been to Matt Damon getting cast for Batman instead of Ben Affleck? He's regarded as the better actor of the pair, though, to me he doesn't have the right look at all (though, to be fair, you could level that charge against most/all of his predecessors as well). hm

Matt Damon is not out yet for a DC role.

Aquaman, anyone?

His Batman voice didn't turn me off so much as the fact that, whenever he was on-screen as Bruce Wayne, I expected him to start listening to Huey Lewis and the News while making reservations at Dorsia.

Aquaman, anyone?

My wife and kids tease me about liking Aquaman. But my wife would change her tune real quick if that rumor turned out to be true. :roflmao:

Aquaman, anyone?

My wife and kids tease me about liking Aquaman. But my wife would change her tune real quick if that rumor turned out to be true. :roflmao:

Martian Manhunter is another rumor, but I just do not see that coming together.