• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

That seems cumbersome, why not see if we can get a sub-forum on here in the market area?

A sub-forum here would be the best choice, but I really don't see it happening.

We've been asking for various sub-forums for years: Birthday Sub-Forum, eBay Sub-Forum, Movie Sub-Forum, etc.

hm

I think a Sub-Forum would be the best part as well. The one argument to be made to convince Arch & the Mods to set up a trading sub forum - it's good for business. It is promoting CGC as many people will be trading CGC books whereas the other Sub-Forums are just attempts to filter out unwanted CG threads.

A trading Sub-Forum would just be another extension of the Marketplace. (shrug)

Why does there need to be a trading sub-forum exactly? Can't people just make a thread in any of the normal sale forums, maybe with a title like "TRADE ONLY - Techvoodoo's Trading Thread", and list within what I have for trade and what I'm looking for?

Why does there need to be a trading sub-forum exactly? Can't people just make a thread in any of the normal sale forums, maybe with a title like "TRADE - Techvoodoo's Trading Thread", and list within what I have for trade and what I'm looking for?

And that's why they haven't created a trading sub-forum despite it being brought up quite a few times. The rules for trading in the sales forum are spelled out and it's how you are supposed to do trading. I don't see many people using it though.

Why does there need to be a trading sub-forum exactly? Can't people just make a thread in any of the normal sale forums, maybe with a title like "TRADE - Techvoodoo's Trading Thread", and list within what I have for trade and what I'm looking for?

And that's why they haven't created a trading sub-forum despite it being brought up quite a few times. The rules for trading in the sales forum are spelled out and it's how you are supposed to do trading. I don't see many people using it though.

I guess that's what I was getting at, people can do it now and no one really does. That's why I thought the 1 trading thread was a nice idea. I don't see the interest in a full-on trading forum. My thought on the trading thread was never to create a new type of marketplace, I just didn't think there was a demand for it, it was to create an alternative to the PIF thread, giving people a way to have fun exchanging things without the "junk donkey" hurt feelings. (shrug)

I totally agree with you guys. I just don't see it happening...but I could be wrong.

I'm just trying to help. I created the website. It's there if you want to try it out. If not, no big deal. :)

PS - It looks like this.

lvN6MiZ.png

I totally agree with you guys. I just don't see it happening...but I could be wrong.

I'm just trying to help. I created the website. It's there if you want to try it out. If not, no big deal. :)

PS - It looks like this.

lvN6MiZ.png

I know you can set this forum's thread markup to use HTML. Can you put an IFrame in a thread, so that your sites forum page will show up in a thread on this forum? If you could embed an IFrame into a thread people wouldn't even need to leave this forum to use your trading forum.

PS - It looks like this.

lvN6MiZ.png

I know you can set this forum's thread markup to use HTML. Can you put an IFrame in a thread, so that your sites forum page will show up in a thread on this forum? If you could embed an IFrame into a thread people wouldn't even need to leave this forum to use your trading forum.

In answer to my own question, you can embed an iframe into a thread on this forum. That might be an option, start a new thread and put your forum page into an iframe.

PS - It looks like this.

lvN6MiZ.png

In answer to my own question, you can embed an iframe into a thread on this forum. That might be an option, start a new thread and put your forum page into an iframe.

Sorry. All of a sudden my phone wouldn't stop ringing.

Yeah, there are all kinds of ways to make it work.

The website is available at any time. There are a lot of advantages to it - the major one being instant access to an unlimited amount of trade offers that can stay present and visible for as long as the trader wishes. It's also flexible, I can easily modify the structure to adapt to changing conditions. For example, it's easy to add addition sub-forums if traders wanted to separate trades by era (GA, SA, etc.) or some other category.

If the majority of the traders here want to use it, I'll start a thread. If not, like I said, it's no big deal.

I don't know how to judge a majority here because I don't know how many people actually plan on making trades.

So here's a simple poll. If I get at least 15 people willing to use the offsite trading forum, I'll start up an announcement thread here and fire up the website. Less than that, and it probably wouldn't be viable as a trading platform.

can your site email me when my thread is updated?

You bet.

It's highly configurable. There are more bells and whistles on this site than anyone would probably ever need. You just select what you want.

Here are the notification options:

9qqEezA.png