• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

#2 is, anyway... as we are only self-policing under that notion. People that are under "banishment" can claim they offered things worthy of the last offering and unless it is a clear case of the latter (an early X-Men slab v/s 1 later issue of EoW raw) it can create problems most wouldn't want to deal with. I mean, it should be obvious one isn't the same as the other, but you have seen how a few people act here... is it worth the headache?

That is something only each individual can decide.

Just throwing out what I am thinking...

-slym

I understand exactly what both of you are saying. Trust me, this issue has been thought about before. When the four day limit (was supposed to be 3 but whatever) was enacted by the board, the thought process was that it would encourage people to mix up their offers if they were not claimed after a couple of days so they did not lose what they wanted. Why would anyone want their offer to sit there for 4 days just to lose what they claimed? You would think not many people. I like to think it has worked for the most part, but there will always be people that clog up the system for 4 days at a time. In defense of some though, I have seen pretty good offers sit there for days. The only difference is that they switched it up if they saw no one claiming it.

To be fair... I liked the Magnus 1-8 and the random issues/blanks option. I seriously thought about posting the "takeit" icon for those, but I am sticking to my self-imposed banishment

:)

-slym

To be fair... I liked the Magnus 1-8 and the random issues/blanks option. I seriously thought about posting the "takeit" icon for those, but I am sticking to my self-imposed banishment

:)

-slym

OH!! :eek: I don't think we were talking about any offers in particular. There were several people that I know that were interested in that Magnus lot and that blank lot from a different thread. They just did not have anything (or thought they didnt) to offer in return.

I am tired of this self-imposed banishment.

I command thee that from this moment forward, the boardie known as Slym2none will have his banishment lifted whether he likes it or not!! :grin:

Oh, I was. :D I'm sort of talking about several offers that have been posted more than once. Don't people realize that when they post something and no one wants it - people probably still won't want it a few weeks later. :idea:

Nope.

Sorry...

:sorry:

-slym

:gossip: I think you missed the part where I said whether you like it or not. Now jump back in there my friend. (:

Oh, I was. :D I'm sort of talking about several offers that have been posted more than once. Don't people realize that when they post something and no one wants it - people probably still won't want it a few weeks later. :idea:

If I wasn't in my week hiatus, I would've claimed the Magnus offer in a heartbeat.

But yes. I see some of the same drek posted again and again. And although it's nice to think that a mess offer would be redone the next go around... this is the internet.

Is the P.I.F. in its last death throws? I have only been able to participate once and have a lot of cool books( maybe OA) on deck to give away but it seem like there just are not enough people willing to participate. Maybe its just me but I have not really seen much that interest me. I don't do new stuff or TPB so I know it makes it harder for me to find a pif I want to grab. Am I wrong or should I just sell this stuff off and move on?