• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

That's a good sign. Less drama happening in those threads. Sometimes I think it's become a spectator sport on these boards, with all the hand-wringing, gut-wrenching drama over offers that are deemed inadequate. Is it a wonder that many are afraid to participate lest they get flamed?

Decided not to do it. I don't want to have to be like Swick and stress over people crapping on the thread. If anyone wants to do it, I think I have the format and rules into place. PM me :)

Decided not to do it. I don't want to have to be like Swick and stress over people crapping on the thread. If anyone wants to do it, I think I have the format and rules into place. PM me :)

OK :( I understand

hm Guess I'll have kindling for the apocalypse.

I'm afraid I may be to new to the forum and people won't take me seriously. That am I'm old and cantankerous so I don't take as well a Harvey.

The trick is to hit reply, write out whatever you really want to say, hit preview, then don't submit it. Works for me. :D

I'm afraid I may be to new to the forum and people won't take me seriously. That am I'm old and cantankerous so I don't take as well a Harvey.

The trick is to hit reply, write out whatever you really want to say, hit preview, then don't submit it. Works for me. :D

Words of wisdom, there. (worship)

So how about a trading thread with the following premise.

You post up the books you a have to trade and what you are looking for. All dealing will be done by PM's. Each person can add to the thread and it is each members responsible to update his/her thread when books are traded. I know its a little looser than one trade per whatever... Maybe a bit to crazy too. May also be against some rule I don't know about too.

Just looking for ways to trade off what I have and don't collect.

hm

I think it could work as long as it is handled like the VCC. Each person has a booth and only 1 booth. They can update it or change it at any time as long as it stays in that post. No chatting at all permitted in the thread.

Theoretically for your setup, where were you planning to put the thread? In CG? If there's no commenting, how would you get it to page 1? bump it as thread moderator? Curious as to the logistics.

:grin:

You post up the books you a have to trade and what you are looking for. All dealing will be done by PM's. Each person can add to the thread and it is each members responsible to update his/her thread when books are traded. I know its a little looser than one trade per whatever... Maybe a bit to crazy too. May also be against some rule I don't know about too.

hm

I think it could work as long as it is handled like the VCC. Each person has a booth and only 1 booth. They can update it or change it at any time as long as it stays in that post. No chatting at all permitted in the thread.

Theoretically for your setup, where were you planning to put the thread? In CG? If there's no commenting, how would you get it to page 1? bump it as thread moderator? Curious as to the logistics.

I could add a LINK to the Noob Guide which is stickied? hm

No discussion at all in the new thread just like the VCC. Each person has ONE post which is their booth. All deals are discussed via PM.

Check out the VCC Rules. (thumbs u

People would just be responsible for updating their booth as books were traded or new books added.

:grin:

hm

I could add a LINK to the Noob Guide which is stickied? hm

I realize that threads can be stickied. However, that would be up to a moderator. Congrats on boardie of the year! :foryou:

I meant the Noob Guide IS stickied and I could add a link to the Trading Post thread so that it will always be easily accessible and wouldn't matter how far it got buried in Comics General.

And thanks. :foryou:

As a casual observer - both the PIF and Giving Tree are in trouble at the moment.

PIF, well because of the usual JD's

The GT because the dictatorial nature of its running is taking some getting used to by people.

There is a dearth of new comers, as quite frankly, it's not very welcoming at the moment.

A third tangent of basically swapping stuff probably wouldn't get much positive attention.

Perhaps wait a few months until the GT gets it rules finalised and it lightens up without all the smartarse memes, gifs and snark.

And until the PIF decides to live or die.

I honestly don't think there is room for 3, especially as more and more boardies leave here and head to the new forum, and Borocks forum, when that gets going.

What I am suggesting is not similar to those threads. I am not talking about a blind gifting thread but rather an open place to show off what you have to trade and what you are looking for at the moment.

I think it would be great! (thumbs u

What I am suggesting is not similar to those threads. I am not talking about a blind gifting thread but rather an open place to show off what you have to trade and what you are looking for at the moment.

I think it would be great! (thumbs u

It would have to be run essentially like the sales forum with the HOS and Probation List as possibilities. There would be much more possibility of a scam (no paypal trail), so, ultimately, you'd have to be responsible for your own transactions. There are many here I would trust to trade books with; there are some I would not. Simple as that.

It would have to be run essentially like the sales forum with the HOS and Probation List as possibilities. There would be much more possibility of a scam (no paypal trail), so, ultimately, you'd have to be responsible for your own transactions. There are many here I would trust to trade books with; there are some I would not. Simple as that.

I agree and each participant has the right to trade with the people of their choosing. Caveat Emptor should always be a consideration when you are trading.

I also hope it may open up new trading partners for a lot of people, or maybe I am being to optimistic.Time will tell. I will have it up as soon as I get some info from CAHookie.