• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

That has always been the general idea.

I think there may be room for any kind of thread, and this one in particular won’t need specific rules as long as it is structured like the VCC.

The most suitable location? I think probably in the WTB thread or in the Sales Thread area, if the moderators are willing to stick it.

That's a good sign. Less drama happening in those threads. Sometimes I think it's become a spectator sport on these boards, with all the hand-wringing, gut-wrenching drama over offers that are deemed inadequate. Is it a wonder that many are afraid to participate lest they get flamed?
I'm sorry, I was being sarcastic.

TGT had over 100 posts and I think only one offer posted, this thread was on page four when I bumped it.

I can't make hide nor hair of the giving tree thread. No need to try to explain it, as I'm sure I'm not interested in participating, but dang it is convoluted. Props to those involved,down with all the lingo, and able to follow the offers.

I am beginning to think I do not want to moderate a trading thread on this forum :tonofbricks:

2lmtpqx.gif

Honestly, I don't think once you set up the general rules, there will be much to moderate. :)

I agree with Harvey: maybe it will just need some adjustments, but since the transactions will be handled chiefly via PM it makes it an easy job to set up.

I think you need almost no rules, just something along the lines of "transactions must be honored by both parties otherwise one can nominate the other for the Probation List, etc.".

The only headache will be if someone doesn't want to read the rules and just starts :blahblah: in the thread. Whoever the OP is will have to politely PM them and ask that they delete their responses in the thread. It needs to be made very clear - one post (booth) per person. Otherwise it could quickly devolve into chaos.

And if someone DOES comment in the thread, it is up to everyone else NOT to respond in kind - either PM the person or let the OP PM the person.

I can see that as really the biggest headache.

And also people need to obviously use common sense. If they get a PM from a new member who no one knows, maybe they just respectfully explain that they don't feel comfortable just sending books and if the person wants to send his books first, then they could work out something.

Unless you've completed a trade with high priced books, you may not know how nerve-racking it is. Luckily the first time I did, Marlocke was pretty easy and understanding to deal with.

The only headache will be if someone doesn't want to read the rules and just starts :blahblah: in the thread. Whoever the OP is will have to politely PM them and ask that they delete their responses in the thread. It needs to be made very clear - one post (booth) per person. Otherwise it could quickly devolve into chaos.

And if someone DOES comment in the thread, it is up to everyone else NOT to respond in kind - either PM the person or let the OP PM the person.

And also people need to obviously use common sense. If they get a PM from a new member who no one knows, maybe they just respectfully explain that they don't feel comfortable just sending books and if the person wants to send his books first, then they could work out something.

Unless you've completed a trade with high priced books, you may not know how nerve-racking it is. Luckily the first time I did, Marlocke was pretty easy and understanding to deal with.

shut up n00b

shut up n00b

:banana: