• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are the big Copper sellers on here?

34 posts in this topic

I don't know what RMA is holding Star-wise, but I think jive has as many or more than anyone. I have about two long boxes of Star, mostly #1s. I'm pretty sure I got the 1st Heathcliff #1 in 9.8

Suck it Danny.

Gonna have to put you in your place, with only two long boxes of Star Comics then at best you're in the #2 spot. :baiting: I have every Star comic except for one random issue of Muppet Babies I need to grab sometime soon. And then there's loads of dupes of Ewoks, Porkers, Droids etc.

So, there's two of us idjits collecting these things... wonder how many more have got a Star hoard?

I don't know what RMA is holding Star-wise, but I think jive has as many or more than anyone. I have about two long boxes of Star, mostly #1s. I'm pretty sure I got the 1st Heathcliff #1 in 9.8

Suck it Danny.

Gonna have to put you in your place, with only two long boxes of Star Comics then at best you're in the #2 spot. :baiting: I have every Star comic except for one random issue of Muppet Babies I need to grab sometime soon. And then there's loads of dupes of Ewoks, Porkers, Droids etc.

So, there's two of us idjits collecting these things... wonder how many more have got a Star hoard?

Ive bought 2 longboxes of star books at one show. 4 years ago. That wasnt the beginning or the end. And i also bought the heathcliff 1 in 9.8 from sean.

Suck it Danny.

Suck it Danny.

I don't know how you were interpreting that, but I was not even throwing my hat in the ring. I know better.

No, because I already have a Popple and two Madballs.

Didn't one of the Popples have red hair? lol

Anyway, I doubt I'm the main Star guy here. I do have a near complete run, with some duplicate raw runs to match a couple of slabbed runs (Droids, Thundercats, etc.), but I sold off a lot of dupes in a sales thread 3-4 years ago. I still buy them if I run across them in dollar bins, but that doesn't seem to be near as commonplace as it used to be. About 2-3 years ago, Comiclink ran several auctions where Star covers and interior stories were auctioned off from the estate of one of the main Star artists. The Droids and Ewoks covers went for nutty prices, but the other B-tier title covers went pretty cheap, so I picked up a bunch of them.

Either way, I haven't really focused on my Star books for a few years now (as I collect Copper, Silver, Bronze, Gold, just all over the place), but I probably need to focus on finishing off the run as soon as possible.

Been thinking about collecting Star comics. I have only a handful of them. Plus, I enjoy off beat stuff, and most of those comics fit in with off beat. I have a Marvel want list that ends at 3/1985 (last .60 cent issues). Maybe I will expand that time frame to include the Star imprint titles. hm Looks like they ran till around early 1988.