• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first ebay return - Beware of seller badds99

48 posts in this topic

I bought 3 books from a UK seller, 2 of them were okay, the third wasn't. I asked the seller before I bought the book, if it has rusty staples because there was a stain on the cover where the staples are. He said "No, that's just a mark on the cover". So I bought the book and guess what, both staples are very very rusty.

I know that I can return the book but I have to pay the postage. Honestly, I don't agree with that because I asked specifically about the condition of the staples. But I assume there won't be anything I can do about it, if the seller insists on it. (shrug) I have not talked to him yet, but I just want to be prepared and hear some advice from someone who has done this many times before.

So, is there anything I have to consider when returning the book, something I should not forget to do? Does ebay get involved with returns or will that just be processed between me and the seller?

Thanks in advance for every advice!

Be polite, but tell him you aren't happy with the book and specifically why, want a return, and he should foot the return-postage bill since this situation came about due to his negligence, however it may have happened.

-slym

Actually while your situation is odd the seller is pretty good. I bought a All Select #1 that he felt that the cover might have been restored and with slight color touch to it. It came back a blue label 5.0 although I'm not sure if it was "fixed" before it was slabbed but still a good deal all around.

Actually while your situation is odd the seller is pretty good. I bought a All Select #1 that he felt that the cover might have been restored and with slight color touch to it. It came back a blue label 5.0 although I'm not sure if it was "fixed" before it was slabbed but still a good deal all around.

Yeah, but you can't compare a good deal with the behavior of a person person and how he deals with his customers. The other 2 books I bought from him were as described, but that doesn't make the situation any better.

Yeah, but you can't compare a good deal with the behavior of a person person and how he deals with his customers. The other 2 books I bought from him were as described, but that doesn't make the situation any better.

Just saying.

Just saying.

...that he is pretty good except when it comes to customer service.

:grin:

-slym

That's cause he buys lots of his books from me and used to buy from Darryl. Buy from me and they'll be cheaper.

That's a good tip. Thank you. I've got several books on my watch list with badds99.

Very funny:

"The seller has offered you a full refund for the purchase price plus original postage & packaging, if you return the item. The refund will include the purchase price plus original postage & packaging"

Guess what? He offered £3,19 for the shipping costs. But they were £9,-

Very funny:

"The seller has offered you a full refund for the purchase price plus original postage & packaging, if you return the item. The refund will include the purchase price plus original postage & packaging"

Counter with that - tell him it will cost more than what he is offering, so his offer is unacceptable.

-slym

Very funny:

The terms of the US buyer protection policy require a full refund of the entire price you originally paid including original postage & packaging, once you have returned the product. I imagine yours are the same.