• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My PESSIMISTIC High Grade Slab thread (Now with a tinge of Optimism)

87 posts in this topic

You have great taste :cloud9: and I look forward to see what you're going to post tomorrow :taptaptap:

Thank you very much!

I appreciate the great taste remark...if you are interested, I could show you some pics of my black velvet painting collection :grin:

Doom Patrol #105 (9.4) Pacific Coast Pedigree $195

The GPA has my purchase of $256 :(

(white marks are on printer and not the slab or book)

DoomPatrol105001.jpg

Very cool book, love the cover & the Pedigree! I'd bet if this book was sent in for a page quality review it would go up to OW/W or even White. (thumbs u

Very cool book, love the cover & the Pedigree! I'd bet if this book was sent in for a page quality review it would go up to OW/W or even White. (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words!

I never knew that CGC page quality standards have come down since those days.

For anyone wondering, I was going to post more slabs tonight, but the first 3 that I chose had GPA's less than half of what I bought them for lol:tonofbricks::cry:

I will have to think some more about what else to choose, and will have at least a couple more tomorrow.

I might as well post it since I mentioned it. It is the last Sea Devil I own, (I don't even have a raw one), and thus I will not sell it for less than I paid ($185) ...which is why I wasn't going to put it up for sale. But since not much else is selling, what harm will it do :)

Sea Devils #32 (9.4) Northland Pedigree $185

SeaDevils32001.jpg

Maybe if you stop saying "sales thread" and start calling it a "museum", the books will feel unattainable, and elicit some offers? (shrug)

Good idea...except i would have to charge admission and nobody would enter the thread :(

Slap a 10 on one of your books and I'll throw cash at it :) On a separate note, got any EC books in that high grade slab thread you might be willing to part with?

No sorry....I love EC books though :cloud9:

6.5 Blue Label OWW, cover looked nice too :(

:( my sympathies, I know all too well what that is like

One good thing about EC books is that because of the file copies, there will always be nice ones for sale on a regular basis.