• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baker romance, PCH, pulps, paperbacks...

34 posts in this topic

...and whatever else I find as I rummage through my boxes.

I have recently changed my board name from alanna to Flex Mentallo. As many of you will know, I've had many sales threads as alanna over the past three years.

Not exactly sure yet what all I'll be listing - but there will be raw as well as CGC graded books, mainly Gold and atomic age, maybe some Silver.

There will be pulps and paperbacks, ad maybe some job lots.

If you don't like my prices I am open to counters.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE SHIPPING INFO BELOW.

:takeit: wins over pm's. Time payments are a possibility. PAYMENT BY PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE!

STANDARD INFO:

I am based in the United Kingdom, and if you are too then please ignore the following. For those of you who live elsewhere, below is what I will charge for shipping, which is less than the actual cost.

Shipping to the USA and Worldwide

I pack books very carefully.

Raw comics: $10 by regular (uninsured) airmail or $20 insured expedited mail. Add $2 for each additional comic. UNINSURED PACKAGES SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK! But I have never, ever lost a package. (Though I'd prefer to send valuable packages by insured expedited mail.)

CGC comics $30 via expedited mail plus $12 per addtional CGC item, maximum 3 CGC items per package.

If you combine CGC and raw items then I will only charge $2 each for the raw items.

If I decide to list some job lots I'll share postage costs.

Returns

In the true spirit of the boards I'll accept returns of any item for a full refund of the item cost provided it is safely returned to me, no questions asked.

I'll also refund postage if I've missed something significant in grading the book.

I might be less inclined to do that if I think a buyer is just yanking my chain! (But I'm always happy to take a spanking for a friend!)

No probies or trolls allowed!

SPECTACULAR ADVENTURES #2 CGC6.0 OW $400 Less than I paid ten years ago.

SOLD!

By far the sharpest copy of this rare book I've ever seen. Since it is oversize, the top edge tends to be found bent and frayed. Not quite sure what CGC saw that brought down the grade - I was expecting it to come back significantly higher, and I still cant quite get my head around it.

SpectacularAdventures2CGC60_zps3df38600.jpg

Adventures275.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

CAMPUS TOWN "She defied their moral code" $90

There is a tilt to the spine. There is wear to the tips, and light wear to the spine. There is a soft bend/crease bottom right which in no way breaks the color or the tension of the paper. There is a 1" crease top left back cover which does.

campustown.jpg

WORLDS OF FEAR #2 A very pretty copy except that the spine is completely split. (Front cover is still attached at the staples, back cover completely detached.) Very glossy, blazing colors, great paper. $85 (less than I paid) SOLD!

Along with This Magazine is Haunted #3, this is arguably the rarest of all pre-code horror books, and like certain other Fawcetts of this time period, such as Man from Planet X, suffered from inferior cover stock. Almost all the copies I've seen have a heavily taped split spine - nearly impossible to find an intact copy in any grade.

WorldsofFear210_zpsdc27a49c.jpg

It's a fresh copy in the hand, with blinding pages.

For what my observations are worth, and not to sound overly self serving, I have the impression that for a period of time - maybe 6 months to a year, CGC grading got rather lenient, and subsequently went just little too far the other way. So had I submitted this one a little earlier, it might have come back with a higher grade. (I had been hoping for 5.0).

I also thought the Spectacular Adventures was at least a 7.0. But they are as you see!