• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #107 posted by B. Koski

5 posts in this topic

Won this great book the other night. This issue has a low print run...Underrated in my opinion.

I love the cover and wasn't looking to spend a lot, but wanted a solid grade. This is a beauty for $60.00. I've never been fixated on 9.8's. Usually with the moderns I prefer 9.8's but if the book is expensive do to maybe a 1st app. I'll settle for a 9.6 or 9.4 if the price is right. So yeah, this is great!

See more journals by B. Koski

Congrats!

I too scored a #107 in 9.4 on the cheap. About a year later I cracked it, had it signed by Carrie Fisher, and resubmitted it. It came back as a Sig Series 9.6.

Nice! #107 is a cool book to have signed by the cast members.

Yes, great price on a solid 9.4 copy! Congrats!

Some people like to get the cast members to sign these Star Wars issues. I am one of the comic purists who prefer to have only the artists, writers, editors colourists, letterers, etc to sign them. But either way is good, I guess.

Being a 9.4 means it is definitely a sig opportunity without too much risk involved. In fact, just like clouded9, it could even bump up a grade or two with a pressing.

Personally, I am about to go to Baltimore, and I am taking my 9.8 copy for Joe Rubinstein to sign. I took a very close look at it once I cracked it open and other than two very slight non-color-break indents along the spine, it looks like a 9.9 candidate with a pressing. The spine corners are flat and smooth all the way around with no spurring whatsoever. So It's getting signed, pressed and regraded..... C'MON 9.9!!!!!!