• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seeking Image Super Hero/Villain Book Recommendations

22 posts in this topic

Where did super heroes/villains with abilities go in comics?

I see scary or gory books, westerns, pre and post apocalyptic, crime, futuristic, WW2 meets peter pan, you name it, but none of them have the traditional super hero or villain with abilities.

I've always collected specifically Image books since I was a kid to limit spending/collecting from getting out of hand.

For example, I'd really like to pick up a Haunt #1 sketch slab, but other than that nothing is on my radar.

Can anyone recommend an old school hero/villain with abilities book from Image in the last 20 years that you felt was a good read?

Thank you

I liked"Randy O'Donell is the man", Firebreather and 1963 (Alan Moore). All fun reads and can be had for cheap. Not cheap but in trades and probably for check out at your local library - Invincible.

I'm a huge advocate of Invincible. I love the hell out of that book. The issue that just came out this week (105 I think?) would make for a good jumping on point.

The first issue of Sidekick was decent, IMO. I love JMS though so I'm a bit biased.

Hmmm.... Some people like Victories. I thought the first issue was unreadable, but the book is still running so maybe I was quick to judge it. Powers was/is outstanding although not an Image book anymore.

Oh yea. Forgot about the book Sex.

If you want to read about what happens when a Batman type superhero retires. This book is really good.

Is that what the book is about? I've been tempted to pick it up, but the first issue jumped in price and it seemed to get lukewarm reviews.