• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD Magazine Blowout! What Me Worry?

90 posts in this topic

Continuing to attempt a purge of my childhood MAD collection...posted up the paperbacks a while back, and decided to reopen this and add in some mags.....hopefully you all find something you need! Think cover themes, birth-month issues, etc....not to mention, they're a blast to read! :baiting:

MAGAZINES: (begin on page 2)

Many of the mags present better than technical grade; generally speaking, the magazines have "fold-ins" on the back cover, which of course tended to get folded...so, if a magazine has a book length cb crease on back cover from the fold-in, generally the best grade I'll give it is a VG+, regardless how nice the rest of the book is; I'll post front and back scans with grading notes...let me know if you have any other questions. Mags will come in a MyLite2 + fullback, unless noted to the contrary in the listing.

:rulez::rulez::rulez:

- PM offers are happily considered, but the first :takeit: wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp

- No probies or HOS members (or any other questionable characters, at my judgment)

- PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders

- SHIPPING: USA and Canada shipping only (Canada will be pricey, but I'll do it if you want me to) - there are no advertisements in MAD magazines, so they qualify for media mail shipping within the USA...$4 flat shipping charge for tracked media mail US shipping no matter how many books you buy! Canada will be at cost via First Class mail.

100% happiness guarantee - if you don't like your books, return them to me as purchased for a full refund within a reasonable time frame.

For what it's worth, you can check out my kudos thread HERE

Thanks, mrwoogieman! I too have fond memories of reading these as a kid.

As for the RIF program...isn't it ironic that the same publisher whose books were a key target of the 1950s censorship movement would have his books distributed by an organization that promotes childhood literacy two decades later...

Awesome collection of Mad paperbacks! I used to order these in the mail when I was a kid and it was like Christmas when they arrived!

:takeit:

on the following titles:

-- Super Mad

-- Mad Treasure Chest

-- Pumping Mad

-- Mad Overboard

:o

^^

:whee:

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Great Books!

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Mad, Warner Books 1975 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

Mad Sucks, Warner Books 1979 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

The Self-Made Mad, Warner Books 1977 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

The Invisible Mad, Warner Books 1974, Grade: MID/HIGH BIN $ 1.50

Great Books!

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Mad, Warner Books 1975 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

Mad Sucks, Warner Books 1979 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

The Self-Made Mad, Warner Books 1977 First Printing, Grade: MID BIN $ 1.25

The Invisible Mad, Warner Books 1974, Grade: MID/HIGH BIN $ 1.50

:applause:

^^ x 4

Thank you!

Let's resuscitate this thread with some magazines! I'll list in reverse order, starting out around issue #250 and head down from there – not sure how far I’ll go…we’ll play it by ear, depending on whether there's much interest in these...

Not sure how many MAD collectors we have around here, but the scans should be a blast to look at, at minimum! Hopefully you all can use some of these…keep an eye out for books that fit your cover themes and your birth-month issues...also, they're just plain fun to read (especially if you're a child of the 70's, like myself). :baiting:

Alfred.jpg