• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Do In This Situation?

99 posts in this topic

Okay, where to start? On July 7th I purchased an ASM #66 on eBay from unicomic. Never received item, opened case, got refund, and assuming item was lost in the mail, I didn't leave negative feedback because I felt bad the seller lost the money and the comic. About two weeks ago I was looking at the seller's listings, and there was my ASM #66 for sale again. It sold for more than twice what I originally paid for it too. In a berserker Hulk rage I left negative feedback saying seller never sent item, and was selling it again. He PM'd me immediately saying that it was the same book, and had been returned to him as part of a group that had a problem with the tracking numbers. He asked if there was any way to make it up to me so that I would revise my feedback, and I gave him a few suggestions. Turns out the "new" buyer never paid (Or so he says.), and he was going to send me my book. I said that would be fine, and I would even repay him the original amount (Minus shipping to make up for all the hassle). I should state that the original listing was for an ASM #66 in VF/NM condition, and I got it for about $24.00 + $17.00 shipping. Pretty cheap for a nice copy. The 2nd time it was listed there was also a F (6.0) copy for sale of the same book. I never expected him to send anything, but today I got a package from Poland with an ASM #66 in it. So here's the kicker. The book is not VF/NM, and even the backing board has, "Fn $21.99" written on it. So it's pretty safe to assume which copy I received. Now for my questions. Do I send him any money? Do I revise feedback? What would you do? Keep in mind that today is exactly two months since all this started. Thanks for any help in this matter.

You didnt get the item you were supposed to. Dont pay him and dont change the feedback. He deserves no money and bad feedback.

:naughty:

Pay him or return the book.Given there isn't a Paypal charge to worry about, ship it as cheap as you can. Leave the neg and move on. 2c

This is the writing on the backing board. So I know it's the 6.0 that he was selling, and not the 9.0 I paid for. It's not a horrible copy, but there's NCB and CB stresses with "$1.75" written on the back upper left corner of the comic. Even calling it a 6.0 would be a stretch.

Add the time of going back and forth with this guy on eBay, and I don't feel I should have to lift a finger for this seller. If he would have just done what he promised to do there would be no problem. What it comes down to is that he just didn't want to sell an ASM #66 in VF/NM for $24.00. I don't believe he ever mailed it the first time because the sale price was so low. He waited until he thought I would forget about it, and tried to sell it again. That makes him a dirt bag in my book.

<a  href=th_img037_zps4db0d8bf.jpg' alt='th_img03

You think it is okay to keep the book without paying for it because you think it is overheated?

I don't know about the temperature, but if he wants it back, he can have it, but I'm not paying to ship it. This guy has done nothing but jerk me around since day one. Now I'm supposed to fork over the cash to ship it back? Not gonna happen. If he wants this rag he can pay to ship it back.

My android put overheated for overgraded. Freakin translator.

So this guy is pulling a scam? I've yet to find a scammer who was willing to ship you the book and you pay after you receive it.

What makes you think you are entitled to a free book?

I don't think I am. What I am entitled to is the book I won at auction, paid for, and never received. I busted him selling the same book, and he admitted to it. He then offered to send the book, which I then said I would repay him for if and when I get it, and now he's sent a different one.

I don't think I am. What I am entitled to is the book I won at auction, paid for, and never received. I busted him selling the same book, and he admitted to it. He then offered to send the book, which I then said I would repay him for if and when I get it, and now he's sent a different one.

In your communication with the seller with this second purchase, were you clear on wanting the VF/NM book? Honestly, from reading and rereading your posting, I'm not exactly clear on what is going on with this second book. It was listed a a F copy and you received a F copy, correct?

In the future, if a deal goes bad, I think it is best to just walk away and not deal with the other party again. I've made this mistake and never again.

In your communication with the seller with this second purchase, were you clear on wanting the VF/NM book? Honestly, from reading and rereading your posting, I'm not exactly clear on what is going on with this second book. It was listed a a F copy and you received a F copy, correct?

In the future, if a deal goes bad, I think it is best to just walk away and not deal with the other party again. I've made this mistake and never again.

OP wrote two listings for same issue #, his, the original, VF/NM, and a F.

Maybe seller took a page out of that NC Seller, "THEHOUSEOFCOMICS", and not the legit "HOUSEOFCOMICS"?

You didnt get the item you were supposed to. Dont pay him and dont change the feedback. He deserves no money and bad feedback.

(thumbs u

You really think it's ok to not pay for a book you ordered on eBay because it's over graded? over graded on eBay! The horror. I trust photos, not sellers descriptions. I think you made a mistake in going back to the well. You need to pay for or return the book, imo.