• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Do In This Situation?

99 posts in this topic

You might return the book you have of his that you have not paid for. I just don't see any justification for you keeping it. As far as I can tell, you are not into it for shipping or anything. I don't see how the sellers actions are any excuse for you to keep this book.

I got a message from him today. He doesn't want the book. He only cares about getting the feedback revised, but it's been too long since the original transaction to revise it now. eBay wouldn't let me revise it even if he had sent my original book. I don't really want the book either. At least not in this grade. Why should I spend my money shipping it back to him? I mean where am I at fault here? I did my part when the auction ended, and paid him within seconds. Anyone can see my eBay feedback at any time. Same user name I have here. I rarely sell my comics, but when I do they go out immediately, and are packed to get there in the same condition as when they left. No seller has ever had to wait for my payment either. If you would take the time to read my feedback you would see that I'm a seller's dream. I am not the root of the problem with this transaction, the seller is. If you're so concerned about this poor seller, Shadroc, why don't you buy the comic for his asking price of $21.99. Send me proof of payment to unicomic, then pay me for shipping, and I'll get it to you for the exact amount of shipping method of your choice. I'll even put it in a brand new mylar and board for you. Think of it as your good deed for the day. :baiting:

I am way ahead of you. Since neither of you wants the book, I have contacted the seller. I am waiting to hear back from him

You could have just said you wanted it from the start. I'm serious. Send payment to him, post proof of it here, pay me for shipping, and I'll post the tracking number here, and we'll all have a big laugh at you for paying twenty two bucks + shipping for a ragged out copy of ASM #66.

Here's the PM I sent to shadroc:

Okay, time to put up, or shut up. Here is Unicomic's PayPal email address to whom you will pay $21.99 for this garbage comic book. Once payment is made post proof of it in my thread by copying and pasting the whole PayPal transaction into the thread for all to see. Unicomic will message me to let me know payment was legit. Then you will pay me $4.00 to ship this POS 1st Class to your address. I will then post the tracking # for all to see. Don't ask to see the comic first because I want you to get a sense of what it was like for me when I got it. I'm almost half tempted to make you wait two months, and then send the wrong comic so you'll know what it really was like, but I'm a man of my word. These are the terms. If you don't like it, too bad. This is what you get for sticking your nose into other people's business. Any deviation from these terms, and the deal is off. You better be in the U.S.A. if you want it shipped at that price. Otherwise it will be much more for intl. shipping.

Unicomic PayPal $21.99

sklep@********** (obscured)

wizardseye311 (Me) PayPal $4.00 for US shipping only

wizardseye@************* (obscured)

Maybe when he gets it he'll come down off his high white horse.

Here's the PM I sent to shadroc:

Okay, time to put up, or shut up. Here is Unicomic's PayPal email address to whom you will pay $21.99 for this garbage comic book. Once payment is made post proof of it in my thread by copying and pasting the whole PayPal transaction into the thread for all to see. Unicomic will message me to let me know payment was legit. Then you will pay me $4.00 to ship this POS 1st Class to your address. I will then post the tracking # for all to see. Don't ask to see the comic first because I want you to get a sense of what it was like for me when I got it. I'm almost half tempted to make you wait two months, and then send the wrong comic so you'll know what it really was like, but I'm a man of my word. These are the terms. If you don't like it, too bad. This is what you get for sticking your nose into other people's business. Any deviation from these terms, and the deal is off. You better be in the U.S.A. if you want it shipped at that price. Otherwise it will be much more for intl. shipping.

Unicomic PayPal $21.99

sklep@********** (obscured)

You want to post me reply or should I?

wizardseye311 (Me) PayPal $4.00 for US shipping only

wizardseye@************* (obscured)

Maybe when he gets it he'll come down off his high white horse.

unicomic (157)

98.1% Positive Feedback

Member since Jul-01-12 in Poland

Activity with unicomic (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from unicomic

Activity with unicomic (last 90 days): unicomic has bid on 0 of my items

Dear blackshadroch,

hello,

i was just going to wrote him back as i receive a message about wrong grade.

i am not sure what do You mean exactly - can You send the link to the site etc and describe what do You mean exactly?

Thank You

L

This was my reply from unicomic. He knows nothing about this, and certainly didn't communicate with you yesterday telling you to keep the book. Hopefully he'll be on here later tonite to give his side of the story.

Shadroc, you really don't have a clue do you? Here's the message I got from Luk:

User details:

From User:

unicomic (158)

98.2% Positive Feedback

Dear wizardseye311,

Hello,

i must say our deal made me so upset already...

first - the board and bags - we change them all the time - some part of the book comes to us not boarded so we repack books every week.

If all our clients would read the boards - we would have around 50% returns:)

second - i hope You don't really think that after all this - i would send a lower grade copy...

if i would really like to save these around 40$ - i would never bother trying to solve the thing and send You the book. what i mostly care is clients satisfaction and that is why it was so sad for me to receive the neg feedback. I wanted to somehow fix it and make You as much satisfied as possible.

It's just a bad luck which just shows me that it's much job for me with only little help of my friend and mistakes happen - even ridicolous mistakes.

i wanna apologize and of course i dont wanna any money for the book - You can keep it.

i undertand You feel angry. cheated etc. i understand You have no reason to change feedback. That's fine.

But pleae don;t think i wanted to cheat You. I am also a collector, maybe less now - but i know how it is to love the books, art, characters. And it's pleaure for me to do such small business especially when the buyer completely undertand the passion.

So - pleae keep the book for free, try to believe me and don't loose hope in my small store..:)

and forgive me mistakes in writing - i dont spean english perfectly and additionally my keybord have some issues:)

I hope that in the future You will try to look up to my place and see thouands of transactions. And maybe You will concider coming back here.

And BTW - i received a mail from collectors board forum member that You started a topic about our transaction. He want to send me the details. I hope You didn't write anytthing horrible...

Take Care

Best wishe from Poland.

- unicomic

To which I replied:

From User:

wizardseye311 (120)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Dec-22-10 in United States

Activity with wizardseye311 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from wizardseye311

Activity with wizardseye311 (last 90 days): wizardseye311 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear unicomic,

First, the book I received is not a VF/NM (9.0), and if you thought it was, then you shouldn't be selling comics. What I got was a ragged out, stressed, dirty copy with writing on it. Yes, there is a thread on the CGC boards about this, and you can read about it here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7007777&fpart=1 This guy, "Shadroch" wants to be your hero. So as soon as he pays you $21.99, the price written on the backing board, and me for the shipping, the book will be his, and we will be through with this. I don't even want this thing near my other Spider-Man comics. Let me know as soon as he pays you.

- wizardseye311

Shadroc, you really don't have a clue do you? Here's the message I got from Luk:

User details:

From User:

unicomic (158)

98.2% Positive Feedback

Dear wizardseye311,

Hello,

first - the board and bags - we change them all the time - some part of the book comes to us not boarded so we repack books every week.

second - i hope You don't really think that after all this - i would send a lower grade copy...

if i would really like to save these around 40$ - i would never bother trying to solve the thing and send You the book. what i mostly care is clients satisfaction and that is why it was so sad for me to receive the neg feedback. I wanted to somehow fix it and make You as much satisfied as possible.

It's just a bad luck which just shows me that it's much job for me with only little help of my friend and mistakes happen - even ridicolous mistakes.

i wanna apologize and of course i dont wanna any money for the book - You can keep it.

i undertand You feel angry. cheated etc. i understand You have no reason to change feedback. That's fine.

But pleae don;t think i wanted to cheat You. I am also a collector, maybe less now - but i know how it is to love the books, art, characters. And it's pleaure for me to do such small business especially when the buyer completely undertand the passion.

So - pleae keep the book for free, try to believe me and don't loose hope in my small store..:)

and forgive me mistakes in writing - i dont spean english perfectly and additionally my keybord have some issues:)

I hope that in the future You will try to look up to my place and see thouands of transactions. And maybe You will concider coming back here.

And BTW - i received a mail from collectors board forum member that You started a topic about our transaction. He want to send me the details. I hope You didn't write anytthing horrible...

Take Care

Best wishe from Poland.

- unicomic

This is so laughable. This is the supposed email where he tells you to keep the book, but it mentions that I contacted him about it, right? Pretty strange seeing how I didn't even contact him until after you posted that he said to keep the book.

User details:

From User:

unicomic (158)

98.2% Positive Feedback

Dear wizardseye311,

Hello,

Take Care

Best wishe from Poland.

- unicomic

This is so laughable. This is the supposed email where he tells you to keep the book, but it mentions that I contacted him about it, right? Pretty strange seeing how I didn't even contact him until after you posted that he said to keep the book.

What makes me wonder about the authenticity of this supposed "e-mail" is the fact that it says that the OP hasn't bid on any of the sellers items in the last 90 days. Yet the transaction occurred just over 60 days ago. hm

Made-up e-mail? hmhm

hey everyone, use screenshots as evidence. Or sort it over pm.

What makes me wonder about the authenticity of this supposed "e-mail" is the fact that it says that the OP hasn't bid on any of the sellers items in the last 90 days. Yet the transaction occurred just over 60 days ago. hm

Made-up e-mail? hmhm

I was issued a full refund by eBay for non-delivery of the item. So technically I have not bid or purchased anything from him.

User details:

From User:

unicomic (158)

98.2% Positive Feedback

Dear wizardseye311,

Hello,

i must say our deal made me so upset alread

Take Care

Best wishe from Poland.

- unicomic

Made-up e-mail? hmhm

He signed his ebay messages to me as L. , not unicomic.

lets wait and see if unicomic shows up. Otherwise we can wait thirty days when wiz tries to put me on the probation list for not meeting his demands.