• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions please...

2 posts in this topic

I've been posting on and off about how tough those 70s Marvel reprints are to obtain in high grade, and yesterday Jason Ewert sold this baby in 9.8. It books for $16 in the Guide. Considering there were seven distinct bidders who thought it was at least a $200 book, is this an indication that these reprint books are finally starting to get their due? Thoughts and opinions please.

I've been posting on and off about how tough those 70s Marvel reprints are to obtain in high grade, and yesterday Jason Ewert sold this baby in 9.8. It books for $16 in the Guide. Considering there were seven distinct bidders who thought it was at least a $200 book, is this an indication that these reprint books are finally starting to get their due? Thoughts and opinions please.

Interesting!

While I would agree if the books were the .25 square bound books with perfectly alligned spines, at the same grade, YES. But a reprint, regular format book such as this one, NO.

This is, of course just my opinion. I would think the buyers are buying the label on this one & speculating on a future market. That's a lot of change to throw down for a minor reprint book!

screwy.gif