• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 14 : Contest

52 posts in this topic

Looks like this book belongs in another thread in the General forum.

slabdamage.jpg

Top edge of back cover has slab damage as well. foreheadslap.gifboo.gif

doh! I missed that.

That's ok. James will probably tell you that it isn't really slab damage anyway. "Slab damage does not exist. The book had an inner-well-shaped ding in the overflash before it was placed in the slab." screwy.gif

slabdamage.jpg

doh! I missed that.

That's ok. James will probably tell you that it isn't really slab damage anyway. "Slab damage does not exist. The book had an inner-well-shaped ding in the overflash before it was placed in the slab." screwy.gif

Right, and it couldn't happen with a wedge inserted either. Wedges prevent slab damage.

slabdamage.jpg

doh! I missed that.

Right, and it couldn't happen with a wedge inserted either. Wedges prevent slab damage.

27_laughing.gif

now that I'm totally thrown off foreheadslap.gif is it or isn't it damage cause post-slabbing? Why are we even discussing it? The commentary does affect one's grade since it is possible this was a higher grade book until "triple s" dropped it 0.5 lower foreheadslap.gif

You guys are way to picky. That's on the back cover. If you really believe that makes a difference in the grade (OK maybe it couldn't be a 10.0), then you haven't learned anything from the other books.

You guys are way to picky. That's on the back cover. If you really believe that makes a difference in the grade (OK maybe it couldn't be a 10.0), then you haven't learned anything from the other books.

Quite true 893applaud-thumb.gif (unless we were talking about one of MY books - you'd take that down to 7.0 stooges.gif)

Hello Nikos are we disqualifying this book for this round since it isnt maybe quite apparant with the grade given at CGC since this book has slab damage after the grade was given by CGC?

Davidking623

The slab damage, having the book in hand, is nowhere near as dramatic as the huge scan is showing it to be. If I posted a smaller scan, you would never see it, so base your grade on that fact.

or

What Arty said tongue.gif