• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alphabetizing collection

23 posts in this topic

Now more confused than ever!!! lol! Seriously i thought there was a general consensus or universal rule of thumb
Such is the nature of sorting anything. Libraries organize by subject and authors' last names.

When I first began collecting, I had two means of counting my comics, sorting by issue number then sorting them by cover date month. These counts would double check each other. I haven't sorted them like that in a long time. :)

Now more confused than ever!!! lol! Seriously i thought there was a general consensus or universal rule of thumb

Sorting it in the best way that works for you also helps you to understand your appreciation better. For example, I realized that many of the characters which directly stemmed from the Fantastic Four are among my favorites, and kept them in the same box(es). E.g. the Black Panther, Sub-Mariner, the Inhumans and even Captain Marvel with the Kree-Skrull stuff.

Oh well, a good portion of the Marvel Age stemmed from the F.F., the other half from Spidey, and then we have Hulk, Dr. Strange, Daredevil and Thor. Start from there… and do the same with other publishers? :)