• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 298 Variant with DC Reader Survey
1 1

28 posts in this topic

Add Sgt Rock 315, Secrets of Haunted House 11, Super-Team Family 15, and Ghosts 63 to the list. So now you have:

Action 481, Adventure 456, Detective 476, Batman 298, Super-Team Family 15, Jonah Hex 11, Justice League 153, Weird War Tales 62, Firestorm 2, Flash 260, Super Friends 11, Superman 322, Aquaman 61, Black Lightning 8, Ghosts 63, Sgt Rock 315, Secrets of Haunted House 11.

If you look at the newsstand feature of Mike's Amazing World of DC website, any issues with a publishing date the same as the issues above would potentially contain this survey.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

Just saw Sgt Rock 315 pop up on ebay, so we can say that one exists for sure.    And the seller wants $400 for a vg copy, so it should be available for viewing for a long time (unless the price comes down substantially)

Edited by Cpt Kirk

A couple of years ago, I bought three long boxes of DCs from that time. There were multiple issues of every comic, usually five or six, but thirty of one particular issue of Ghosts(58?). All the Ghost were National Jeweler variants, but didn't have the cover stamp.  There were six copies of a  Legion of Superheroes issue. One had the readers survey.

Add Wonder Woman 241 survey variant (now on sale on ebay at $700, so it should be there for awhile to look at). So now you have:

Action 481, Adventure 456, Detective 476, Batman 298, Super-Team Family 15, Jonah Hex 11, Justice League 153, Weird War Tales 62, Firestorm 2, Flash 260, Super Friends 11, Superman 322, Aquaman 61, Black Lightning 8, Ghosts 63, Sgt Rock 315, Secrets of Haunted House 11 and Wonder Woman 241.

If you look at the newsstand feature of Mike's Amazing World of DC website, any issues with a publishing date the same as the issues above would potentially contain this survey.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:30 PM, shadroch said:

A couple of years ago, I bought three long boxes of DCs from that time. There were multiple issues of every comic, usually five or six, but thirty of one particular issue of Ghosts(58?). All the Ghost were National Jeweler variants, but didn't have the cover stamp.  There were six copies of a  Legion of Superheroes issue. One had the readers survey.

I wonder which issue of LOSH that was.    If it had survey, it would have to be #237 or #238.

I don't know. I'd never seen one before, but had no idea they were so valuable.   When I came across one on ebay, I started looking for it.   I thought it was later, in the 260s, but could be mistaken.  I do recall it was in that period where the book was really bad, but that covers pretty much everything from the high 220s until the 270s.

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

I don't know. I'd never seen one before, but had no idea they were so valuable.   When I came across one on ebay, I started looking for it.   I thought it was later, in the 260s, but could be mistaken.  I do recall it was in that period where the book was really bad, but that covers pretty much everything from the high 220s until the 270s.

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure it would have to be 237 or 238