• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantomex fans and fans of weirdness; check this one out.

10 posts in this topic

Bought a nice run of Grant Morrison's new x-men over the weekend at the Nashville comic Expo for around $10 or so. (score right?) BUT THEN i get to the #128, and THIS:

m7i6.jpg

qi3w.jpg

Weird huh? I think i might get it graded as the inside cover is flawless as well as the rest of the book, but not sure if they will grade it because the back cover overlaps a bit...I want to say they won't grade books with an overhang like that....Am i wrong?

I thought i would share. It's pretty neat in my opinion. I hunt down double covers pretty regularly, but this is my 1st that looks like this.

Hmmmm.......I'm not sure how that would work. It's firmly attached at the staples, so i'm not sure how pressing it would get rid of the back cover that extends out. As far as cgc being harsh i could see that if it were the only cover, but the inner is a sure 9.8 without press. The outer cover might get a lower grade, but the overall grade would still be 9.8.

I would say it should fit. It's really only about a 1/8" bigger than a regular one and i would think there are some moderns that are that wide. I'm not 100% sure though. I really don't know cgc's stance on this sort of thing. It would have the added bonus of actually having the double cover visible inside the slab unlike most doubles though which i kind of like.

I thought the same thing sean. The only thing i'm thinking is that blue might be the proper color as the inside book is completely normal. Technically i could rip that outside cover off and it would be no different than a regular x-men 128. I guess i'll put it in my next sub and let you guys know the results. I really wish they had a color for double/triple/etc covers. That little "double cover" on the label isn't all that exciting. (maybe i'm just one of a few crazies that still get really excited by multiple cover books)

On a side note, I got about 50% more for that Marvel premiere 47 9.6 double cover than i did the regular 9.6 , so some people do pay a premium for them. I got outbid by $20 for a hulk 271 double this past week that i'm still kicking myself for not bidding higher on.