• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 158 with a difference

50 posts in this topic

Miller didn't kill Deathstalker. He only did the art on 158. He did kill Elektra and Stick (his own characters).

He drew him dying - same thing. :baiting:

Good guys are supposed to win and Deathstalker had it coming. He was one of my fav DD villains though, along with Gladiator and Bullseye. Supposedly he's not dead if you read the Captain American and Daredevil One shot. I can't remember how it ended though.

I like it how Deathstalker's mom came back from the grave to get revenge on DD too. Kool issue!

Also, on the subject of Miller's signature... he's been signing FM for a LONG time on published work so it's not like he's just being "lazy" when doing SS books. He's just making an aesthetic choice that's right in line with the more graphic/design style choices he's made in his art. I quite like the signature on the SS book posted. It's well placed an accentuates the overall design of the cover.

I'm generally not a fan of people too lazy to sign their whole name, but Millers signature is more a logo than an autograph and is one of the few exceptions to my rule. I think it adds to a cover, more than a scripted "Frank Miller" would.

I'm generally not a fan of people too lazy to sign their whole name, but Millers signature is more a logo than an autograph and is one of the few exceptions to my rule. I think it adds to a cover, more than a scripted "Frank Miller" would.

I still prefer Miller over a Miller lite

Yeah, that's the thing- it's very much a logo.