• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you rather...

24 posts in this topic

Go with the keys.

You can always grab a TBP for moderns.

"Funs" great but when you have 200 worthless books that cost you $1000, then that 8.0 Tos #57 looks quite nice.

You can always resell the TPB's for 50c in the $ as well.

2c

The OP didn't ask for investment advice or what his books would be be worth over time. It's rewarding collecting a modern run also. Whatever makes you happy... Do that.

Why collect the same "key" books that everybody else here on the boards does? The majority of them only end up pressed and resold on here anyway.

If you want to buy a modern run from your favorite artist... do that.

I have a question for the OP?

Are you likely to be buying both the moderns and keys over time?

If so buy the better keys earlier rather than later as prices will generally increase over time.

It can be difficult buying keys on a budget yet maintaining an interest in the accumulation of a collection.

I buys keys but also blend it with a lot of other cheaper books that I enjoy collecting. In my case GA and SA VG to FN+ books.

I therefore get fewer keys in the near term but maintain interest in my collection as it grows steadily over time.

Depends if youre collecting or looking to make profit. If its collecting then go with whatever floats your boat.

If its for pure profit then go with either keys for long term profit or moderns for quick easy flips. Im starting to realize that modern books sell alot faster on ebay than keys or even old golden age books. ive had 3 GA batmans sitting on ebay for months before I found a buyer for them, and even then I didnt sell them for what i wanted. Moderns flip so much faster on ebay.. So my opinion is slowly starting to shift towards the modern market for quick easy money as opposed to spending top dollars on big books and (still taking a chance with a return margin) and waiting forever to flip them..

My opinion