• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

Rahigh, nice Atoms! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. Love to see some of your books. I know you've got some really nice HG stuff (like that OAAW!!!)

Thanks. thumbsup2.gif Check out the Pedigrees-Represent thread in the general forum and the Nick Fury thread in the silver forum. gossip.gif

The best purchase I made this summer was a pair of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars in CGC 9.9. If anyone is interested I am selling one of them on comiclink in the for sale section.

For the hardcore Golden-age/Atomic-age collecting side of me I picked up a Startling Comics #49 CGC 4.5 unrestored.

My best pick up of the summer also falls into my best pick up of my collecting life (all of 18 years... keep in mind I'm only 28... for a month or so still). It also falls into one of my lowest grade pick ups. From our friend Ares I picked up my first and most cherished grails....

XMen1.jpg

It's very low in grade, but every time I think about it I smile. Even my newlywed wife loves it. thumbsup2.gif I just makes me extremely happy to own one after all these years of dreaming of it. It also knocks me down to only 13 (Uncanny) X-Men's to go yay.gif

Ares is my hero... 893applaud-thumb.gif

As an added note... this was probably my best month in 28+ years... in the span on one month I gained a wonderful wife, an X-Men #1, and a sword (I've wanted a real sword since I was at least 10). Life is as good as it gets. Hope life is as good to you folks as it has been to me.

Nice book for a 2.0! It looks almost as good as the copy I had that a local dealer graded VG+ in the early eighties(although I only paid fifty bucks for it, so I ain't complainin'! Wish I still had it!).

lol Apoth.. well at least you can defend your new wife, and comic with your new mighty Sword!.

What did you get?

A nice replica sword? Conan?, LOTR?, Kill Bill? Green Destiny?

And concerning your summer "buy".. any x-Men #1, is better then no X-Men #1.. So congrats to you on getting a grail.. thumbsup2.gif

Are you gonna keep it in the Case?

Ze-

Now.. get back to defending your loot... sumo.gif

Here's my best purchase of the summer... the Lost Valley copy of Master Comics #27. I can't resist posting this book on another thread smile.gif It's in 7.5-8.0 condition with a slight reading crease on the cover. Beautiful colors and very sharp. I just love the Mac Raboy cover... and the interior story also by him is amazing!

601920-master27.jpg

I have a couple of proud purchases from the past few months.

Spectacular Spidey Mag with painted Romita cover. 9.6

SpecSp2.jpg

X-men 31, 32 and 36. The 36 is a possible 9.0-9.4

125_2524.jpg

X-men 114, CGC gave it a 9.6. I think it's overgraded...but it's better than my other 2 raw copies.

X-men114.jpg

Picked all these 9.8 FF's up this past summer. Thank god none have slab damage

BOBO055.jpgBOBO061.jpgBOBO054.jpg

BOBO063.jpgBOBO062.jpgBOBO053.jpg

I just got home with the best find this year so far. I was in Rockville, Indiana for the covered bridge fest. All kinds of craft booths all over the place, all kinds of garage sales, and all kinds of flee markets. And cover bridges. The cover bridges seem to take a back seat to all the other things going on aroud there. Well while searching through a million different things I came across a bagged (food bag) promotional comic. RAILS ACROSS AMERICA. It was among a bunch of old magazines. The comic looked in pretty good shape so I bought it for $8. It was marked at $10 but the lady said I could have it for $8. So I bought it not really knowing how much it's worth. Usually I don't find comics at flee markets. And when I do they are in terrible shape. But this one was in great shape. But that isn't the best part. When I got it where I could really look it over later on, I found it had a second comic of RAILS ACROSS AMERICA right behind it. The second comic I swear is in MINT condition. Probably protected by the top comic for many years. I didn't even realize there was a second book in the bag. Didn't even notice on the little price tag written "two comics for $10" real small. This has got to be my best find this year. Not a Summer find but close enough. So now I plan on sending it in to be graded by CGC.