• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All things Hobgoblin
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Ed’s analisys is good: ASM #160 has been my very first Spider-Man book (in Italian, of course), and I did not think it was trashy: it was well written, but even at age nine I thought it was an odd story, featuring a scientist and a car.

The action kicked in with the following issue, however: really fascinating, but Nightcrawler looked TOO MUCH like a vampire, and I was scared to death by vampires (Morbius was yet to come for me) and so that pretty much put to an end my childhood career as a Spider-Man reader. lol

When the Hobgoblin appeared the Marvel books were no longer published in Italy, and we had to wait for a few years to see them again in full swing (late eighties), so I did not know of the Hobgoblin except for some articles in italian fanzines in the late 1980s. Same happened with Cloak & Dagger.

I still have to read a single Hobgoblin story (except for the Power Pack issue where he appeared), and I am waiting to find a VERY CHEAP copy of #238 (I have a #239).

I love Hobgoblin and really wanted a painting of him. Unfortunately most paintings of him are of him during his demonic phase before splitting into The Demogoblin. Other than the head on the glider this is the 80's Goblin we all love and know.

hobgoblinrodriguez_zpsb7a19f24.jpg

I don't know if it is this thread or not that caused the attention, but last night on Ebay there was a sharp 9.4 Amazing Spider-Man 238 ending. From the scans, it looked every bit a 9.4 (if not better).

19 bids (17 within the same day), $129.69 final sale price.

I don't know if it is this thread or not that caused the attention, but last night on Ebay there was a sharp 9.4 Amazing Spider-Man 238 ending. From the scans, it looked every bit a 9.4 (if not better).

19 bids (17 within the same day), $129.69 final sale price.

Hmmm.. :)

I have three copies exactly like the one I posted earlier.. 9.6s, signed by Stan, JRSR & JRJR... Maybe its a good time to unload some of them? lol

Hobgoblin was always my favorite Spidey villian. Just like others I had started reading ASM as a teen in the 80's. I remember having my mom by the Spider-man vs Wolverine comic and she frowned because it was a whopping $2.25. lol. I read it and loved the story. It really was more about Wolverine and Charlemagne (however her name is spelled) than Spidey. Seeing Ned Leeds dead didn't really resonate with me until a long while later since I only got the odd comic here and there.

I think the best story was in Web of Spider-man when the Rose explained how he had been working with Ned Leeds/Hobgoblin to take down Kingpin. I even liked Jake Macendale's storyline.

And then came Hobgoblin Lives. Ugh! To make Hobby into a fashion designer... Didn't make sense. I know the writer says that was the plan all along, but I just never saw it. And it seemed to make more sense to have Ned as Hobgoblin.

I love all the covers. I wish they had used Hobby in the movies instead of Green Goblin. And now, Greeny just doesn't seem to be scary. Osborn is great as a character but the writers can't seem to write Green Goblin. To me, Hobby will always be the best goblin.

Woohoo!!! A hobgoblin thread! He was THE spidey villain when I first started reading comics, and he's always been one of my favorite baddies. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like what Ramos did with the Phil Urich version, including the bat wings and big flippin flame sword. Visually, a very cool representation of the character, IMO.

Woohoo!!! A hobgoblin thread! He was THE spidey villain when I first started reading comics, and he's always been one of my favorite baddies. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like what Ramos did with the Phil Urich version, including the bat wings and big flippin flame sword. Visually, a very cool representation of the character, IMO.

yuck to all things Ramos. The best thing he ever did was get OFF the title.

Got this sketched at NYCC 2013 and I totally forgot the artist name I grabbed his card but lost it :cry: He was from Italy and he drew for Marvel. But I liked his style and he commissioned me a Hobgoblin on a SS #1 blank. I think it turned out pretty freaking sweet!! HOBGOBLIN :headbang: If anyone can help me out with his name I'd appreciate it. His first name started with an M.... hm

SuperiorSpidermansketch_zps879b3ac4.jpg

Got this sketched at NYCC 2013 and I totally forgot the artist name I grabbed his card but lost it :cry: He was from Italy and he drew for Marvel. But I liked his style and he commissioned me a Hobgoblin on a SS #1 blank. I think it turned out pretty freaking sweet!! HOBGOBLIN :headbang: If anyone can help me out with his name I'd appreciate it. His first name started with an M.... hm

Mirco Pierfederici (thumbs u

Mirco Pierfederici (thumbs u

^^ Thank you!!!!!!