• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Even the UPS Driver

3 posts in this topic

Or it wasn't even the books I was looking for.

I just recently signed for a package that was delivered through UPS. It first arrived Friday, time stamped at about two thirty. This was only a few minutes before I left for work. I knew it wasn't from CGC since that is due to arrive on October second. It is promised to be delivered by the end of the day. This means I might get another little yellow and brown UPS InfoNotice. I don't mind these. It just gives me a little notice that I should pay attention.

On the second delivery notice of my unknown package I realized over the weekend it was the bags I ordered to get my books ready for the NYCC. I even picked dup a new size to see if they would work...yea bad idea there and currently a waste of money. But, anyway my buzzer rang a little after twelve and sure enough the bags and boards I ordered arrived. Not bad for a claimed 7-14 business says. It was there in four. I mentioned to the UPS driver I would see him later in the week. He asked if I would be there on which I replied I wasn't sure. And then he asked well, "What do you want me to do?"

What do you mean what do I want you to do? I want you to deliver the box. I was put off a bit by this. He even started to tell me to contact the people shipping me items and tell them when I want it delivered. First the UPS pisses me off by stealing my packages so I was happy when CGC started to add UPS as a third cheaper option, but I think it is time to look into getting a Fed Ex account. Whenever I had delivery service from them I would even get a courtesy call asking if I was home since they were just around the corner. Between UPS and USPS I wonder if it's the whole initial thing. Either way, tomorrow I have a 9.8 and a 9.9 coming home...and just wait until I tell you about my 4.5's

Thanks for Reading.

Tnerb

14352.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I have only had one issue when shipping a comic out through USPS. Otherwise no problems there. Getting things from USPS is another matter entirely.

I too was glad for UPS to be added as an option. My one gripe about UPS is, if you aren't home when they try to deliver, you can't just go down to the UPS office and pick it up. You have to call them and arrange for them to hold it for pick up on the next day. And it can't be on a Saturday.

FedEx on the other hand will allow you to pick the package up from their office on the same day it was attempted to be delivered, plus on Saturdays.

Luckily I live in a condo where UPS will leave my packages with the sales office in the clubhouse, where they lock it away until I come to retrieve it. So I don't have to worry about this issue anymore.

I've never really had a problem with any shipping. With UPS I was able to go pick up an item they had tried to deliver that same day. It wasn't at a store but a distribution hub thats only 15 mins away from me. With FEDEX I missed a delivery and had to wait until the next day to pick it up from one of their stores that I choose but the closest ones are right next to each other over 30 mins away.

For now I've been sending my books in via USPS flat rate boxes but having UPS deliver them.