• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Variant Scene

48 posts in this topic

As a retailer, I love variants. As a collector, I love them as well. But with this Wolverine #20, I'm finding that it has created a lot of waste. I ordered 195 copies to get my three variants. My cost was 1/2 cover which I think is $1.12 each. I bought all the copies just for the three variants (my costs $234). I plan to get my variants graded and I expect to sell them for $200 plus each as CGC 9.8. Not a bad return on investment. However, since I'm strictly mail order/ebay, I have no outlet for selling the non-variant editions. I guess I will put them in my dollar or quarter bins at conventions. Seems like quite a bit of waste to me, however I'm not sure how you can get around it and still preserve the inherent value (rarity) of the variants.

Just sell them in lots of 50 on ebay.

They're bringing a buck a book...

The thing is that "supossedly" , according to the auctioner, it is rare to find #4 with a poster in it. I don't think that there is a variant of the poster in it but the variant is that there is a poster in the 2 page layout obstructing the story. I got it @ my LCS,

I'll give you $50 for it right now raw.

The thing is that "supossedly" , according to the auctioner, it is rare to find #4 with a poster in it. I don't think that there is a variant of the poster in it but the variant is that there is a poster in the 2 page layout obstructing the story. I got it @ my LCS,

What a surprise. Deafening silence. 27_laughing.gif

What a surprise. Deafening silence. 27_laughing.gif

Yep. I'm sure this guy "has" one. Again, deafening silence. 27_laughing.gif