• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronty's hardazzed edmonton con report

25 posts in this topic

I initially had the good sense to post this privately but after some goading and financial incentive from another boardie, here is Bronty's not-so-politically-correct con report :)

----------

went to the edmonton con this past weekend, first sizable con I've been to in 12 years or more. (tiny local shows with 250 people total don't count).

Impressions:

- someone described the changing face of the cons as more trade shows than comic shows, which seemed really accurate. Its just something for average person with any interest at all in pop culture to go and do as opposed to sitting at home. So you have t shirt vendors, mugs, all kinds of kitschy *spoon* and 20% comics.

- I knew about the cosplayers from all the cosplay pics in con reports, but it was still quite surprising to see it all in person. Its like spooning halloween in there. The amount of people dressed up is crazy.

Biases from standing behind a booth for a day and a half:

- if you haven't washed your hair today, you have no money.

- if you are wearing a costume, I'm not sure if you have money or not, but you certainly aren't spending any.

- if you are in costume, I'm sorry but your questions about anything collectible are really, really stupid. Then again, I guess you are just there to play dressup

- I like games and all, but if you are wearing a video game shirt, there's a 75% chance you have no money

- people that look normal and look like they washed their hair today have money

any statistics on bald people? loved the report, pics would have helped

Bald people love comics and spend money.

I initially had the good sense to post this privately but after some goading and financial incentive from another boardie, here is Bronty's not-so-politically-correct con report :)

----------

went to the edmonton con this past weekend, first sizable con I've been to in 12 years or more. (tiny local shows with 250 people total don't count).

Impressions:

- someone described the changing face of the cons as more trade shows than comic shows, which seemed really accurate. Its just something for average person with any interest at all in pop culture to go and do as opposed to sitting at home. So you have t shirt vendors, mugs, all kinds of kitschy *spoon* and 20% comics.

- I knew about the cosplayers from all the cosplay pics in con reports, but it was still quite surprising to see it all in person. Its like spooning halloween in there. The amount of people dressed up is crazy.

- if you are wearing a costume, I'm not sure if you have money or not, but you certainly aren't spending any.

- if you are in costume, I'm sorry but your questions about anything collectible are really, really stupid. Then again, I guess you are just there to play dressup

- I like games and all, but if you are wearing a video game shirt, there's a 75% chance you have no money

lol

:whee:

You went from being the bane of CG to its benefactor. It's like I don't know you at all anymore.

Tarantulas can change a man, forever!

I got some tarantulas for you too, big boy. Plenty to go around.

----------

Impressions:

Thx for the input!

Makes sense, as I've never seen a bald guy with unwashed hair! hm

----------

Impressions:

Thx for the input!

Makes sense, as I've never seen a bald guy with unwashed hair! hm

So by that rationale it is clean scalp that matters not the hair.