• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I cry to you guys for a second?

47 posts in this topic

Well, as some of you know my primary collecting focus these days is squarely on the GA Batman books. However, I am very interested in certain original art pieces specifically Aparo and Breyfogle Batman. Well, finally, I had my chance at a sweet [!@#%^&^] Aparo Batman cover. This one I really liked. So I had my snipe set at $2,525.25 this AM as I left for the gym. Now I thought that this cover had a FMV of $1,500. I thought that this bid was a crazy bid that would ensure the win.

Well, let's just say that I wasn't even in the same ball field. . . .

Auction

Sniff, sniff . . .

Demented is Eric Roberts who has a killer original art and comic book collection.

Oh well, I live to fight another day!

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

I think you were closer to the FMV with your snipe. $2500 is what I would expect an Aparo (the poor man's Neal Adams) cover with that content to go for. $4000 is a bit wacky. screwy.gif

Thanks for all the condolences smile.gif

I don't know if Eric Roberts is the actor or not? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and true, with that kind of change I can get some very cool stuff from Buzz, etc.

thanks guys,

DAM

I don't know if Eric Roberts is the actor or not? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, he's got the fortune but not the fame.

Yet another well-known collector of WACKY PACKAGES, especially wacky packages

original art. (I love to shill for wackys given even the slightest opporunity)

chock01.jpgcloud9.gif

$4500 for that cover? You have to be kidding me. If that is $4500, what would a Neal Adams or Marshall Rogers cover sell for? $50K ?

Then again, I'm someone who has _never_ liked anything that Jim Aparo ever did. His 70s stuff was barely tolerable, but his late 80s Batman material was dreadful.

If that is $4500, what would a Neal Adams or Marshall Rogers cover sell for? $50K ?

Prolly not $50k but I think $20k-$25k is not out of the question for an Adams Batman cover.

Unfortunately with art there is no real guide as to the value of it, if someone wants it bad enough there is no telling how much it will go for.

Dave, I just actually took a look at the auction and I gotta tell you....I was not impressed. You can put your funds to much better use. Even from the tiny scan, there looks like a ton of whiteout all over it. Nyyeeekkkk!

Go get a handful of Buzz and Breyfogles.............! Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make!

Reddly

Dave, I just actually took a look at the auction and I gotta tell you....I was not impressed. You can put your funds to much better use. Even from the tiny scan, there looks like a ton of whiteout all over it. Nyyeeekkkk!

Go get a handful of Buzz and Breyfogles.............!

gossip.gif But Aparo drew Dave's favorite story ever.