• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 16 : Contest

78 posts in this topic

Nikos...

regarding the 2nd and 3rd place teams...

Are these the teams that are in 2nd and 3rd place when the winner hits twelve points,

... or the 2nd and 3rd team to hit 12 points? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

grin.gif

Proof that there are multiple interpretations of everything . . . 27_laughing.gif

Nikos...

Are these the teams that are in 2nd and 3rd place when the winner hits twelve points,

grin.gif

As far as I know Zip, once a team hits 12 the contest ends, most points after the winner gets 2nd place and so on...

Besides the defects that you see on the scan, added Graders Notes:

Polly bend, center back cover. confused.gif

What the hell does that mean? Can you see anything in the center of the back cover to indicate what they might be talking about?

Can you tell us what the full graders notes are too, please? What something looks like in the scan and how it is described in the graders notes might be significant.

As far as I know Zip, once a team hits 12 the contest ends, most points after the winner gets 2nd place and so on...

But we're just picking up momentum. tongue.gif If we had just a little more time, Team Dice X would surely show its grading prowess. 4_17_5.gif

14_1_107v.gif

Besides the defects that you see on the scan, added Graders Notes:

Polly bend, center back cover. confused.gif

What the hell does that mean? Can you see anything in the center of the back cover to indicate what they might be talking about?

Can you tell us what the full graders notes are too, please? What something looks like in the scan and how it is described in the graders notes might be significant.

The other notes are obvious,

1) Bend bottom right corner front cover

2) Crease middle of spine

As for the first noteI asked what that meant and was told, sometimes books that are pollybagged have this polly bend caused by the pollybag. I will be damned if I can see it though.

As for the first noteI asked what that meant and was told, sometimes books that are pollybagged have this polly bend caused by the pollybag. I will be damned if I can see it though.

Some polybags are very tight (side to side) and may even contract slightly over time. The book inside can bow a bit. This what they must mean by "poly bend." Think of it as a very, very minor subscription crease. tongue.gif

In all seriousness, I think polybend would completely disappear if the book is slabbed or bagged in a properly fitted bag and board. confused-smiley-013.gif

Shrinkage factor... crazy.gif

The last collection I picked up had a couple boxes worth of new modern age bags (a couple thousand bags) with it that had to be thrown out because they had shrunk after spending about ten hot summers and cold winters in the guy's attic. I guess I could have saved them for ashcans or archie digests. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But we're just picking up momentum. tongue.gif If we had just a little more time, Team Dice X would surely show its grading prowess. 4_17_5.gif

14_1_107v.gif

Well, if nothing else we should get a no-prize for "Most Improved Team". thumbsup2.gif

Nikos...

grin.gif

Yes.

And if it's a tie then it's a 2 (or 3) team grade off! 893applaud-thumb.gif

TIME>>>>>>

AlexH-------------------8.5

Darthdiesel-------------9.2

Comicmankev-------------7.0

Redhook-----------------9.0

FantasyFootballBono-----8.0

DiceX-------------------9.2

Jimm94------------------8.0

Aces--------------------7.0

Bill43------------------8.0