• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Forth Con

7 posts in this topic

or the Title Sound Illegal

Since 2007 I have been going to Wizard World in Philadelphia. Since then they went from an amazing Comic Con to and amazing Pop Culture event. I have become disappointed. The only reason for me to go is for the same weekend grading, which used to be for the same day. Eventually I was able to go to the New York Comic Con and my whole world changed. I knew there was no con that could be better than this. Of course I was proven wrong because the first year after my first NYCC I went to Baltimore and that was strikingly spectacular.

This year I not only will be at the NYCC, but I went to Baltimore and the travesty that is a Wizard World along with a continental shift and arrived at ECCC. My convention experience is growing as well as my lust to get more and more graded comic books. This time around, with a few exceptions, I am going to try to get signatures, high grades, and prospectively good sales. I wrote a few times to see if I could buy to sell, and I was able to but, not to this extent.

A couple years ago I did a thirty in thirty. At the time I only wrote my own stuff and it was a testament to see if I could meet a deadline. I survived the thirty in thirty and started to write for someone else. I conquered that and now I hope to conquer once more. Of course my thirty for thirty became closer to 31 since I started this month instead of October, but I digress. I never fully put my money where my mouth was with the buy to sell. I purchased stuff that I didn't mind keeping. This way I had the excuse if it didn't sell, I would happily keep it. The same could be said for the 25 plus books I am bringing to the NYCC. This is the real test. Can I buy to sell?

Thanks for reading

Tnerb

14423.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

Oh, totally jealous that you have this book 9.8 AND Sig Series. One of my favorite Magik-related New Mutants covers in all of the various series. Very cool. :)

Hope you enjoy NYCC...been talking to Brad (B.Koski) about a group of us from over here in Michigan trying to make the journey out there for NYCC somewhere down the road. To be honest, I'd rather go to NYCC than SDCC these days. :)

I'm back here, sitting in the Flprida bleachers cheering you on Big Bro!!

But instead of chanting "Fight Team, Fight", I'll be chanting "Sell Bro, Sell" !!!!

Seriously, good luck at NYCC. If there is anyone who can accomplish what you are attempting to do there, it's you!

To help you out, I have sent a team of my Fleas out with mental instructions to make as many people standing in line in front of you itch so bad, that they have to immediately run off to find the nearest container of Gold Bond.

lol

Hey Tnerb, in the event you smell an aroma of lemon, that will be me.

With Bags sending in a team of fleas, I thought I better prepare myself with a generous coating of Lemon Balm, a natural flea repellent.

So while everyone else is running for Gold Bond, we can get our books signed with ease.

But you're gonna have to let me hand over the books to the artist, lest he/she be attacked by the fleas.