• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filling out my CGC submission form

43 posts in this topic

As a recent submitter of 4 books using the coupon myself I went with the USPS option. Considering the fact that UPS and Fedex only insured up to 100 dollars it seemed like the only option.

Yeah, that's why I am leaning that way...

:)

-slym

Also, since I did ask "or is it the PO box they list?", you could have just said "yes."

meh

-slym

Being a jerk was more fun, especially since I know you're a good dude who can take a joke ;)

USPS or UPS all the way.

Fed Ex and I aren't on friendly terms since they keep misplacing my stuff. It is not Comiclink's fault at all but I wish they offered something other than Fed Ex.

Keep in mind that any package though is subject to incident due to human error no matter the company.

You can call them up and state you want and they will mail it that way. I told them to use USPS priority and that's how I've been getting my books from Comiclink.

Also, since I did ask "or is it the PO box they list?", you could have just said "yes."

meh

Being a jerk was more fun, especially since I know you're a good dude who can take a joke ;)

Oh, I know all about being a jerk.

:lol: ;) (thumbs u

-slym

for a 4 book submission I would go UPS

Generally, yes.

Unless they are expensive, irreplaceable books. In that case I'd go Registered Mail for the insurance.

UPS only insures up to $100, at least through CGC.

In my experience, the UPS tracking has been far superior to that of the USPS.

I don't normally ship via FedEx, but I did do a massive deal with a boardie (around 150 slabs) and had an amazing experience all the way. The boardie used FedEx to deliver the slabs to me. They arrived in perfect shape and the tracking was top notch.

I can also vouch for their overnight service. OMG amazing. I ordered an item from Seattle 6 p.m. on a Friday and it arrived to my door in the Nashville area around 9:30 the next morning.

My worst experiences have been with USPS Priority or Media mail. I've gotten way more mangled packages through them that either the UPS or FedEx.

The non-government services have never screwed up a package for me yet. But I still prefer Registered Mail for big ticket items.

If the books can be sent usps priority mail insured (I believe up to $5000), it might be a good way to go. Registered mail is the way to go for > $5000 insured and you want to keep the cost reasonable, although it will take longer.

Just my two cents.

If the books can be sent usps priority mail insured (I believe up to $5000), it might be a good way to go. Registered mail is the way to go for > $5000 insured and you want to keep the cost reasonable, although it will take longer.

Just my two cents.

That is not an option - only UPS, FedEx, or USPS Registered & Insured. I went USPS Reg/Ins, as they will insure for more than $100.

(thumbs u

-slym

Priority from NC to FL is a 2-day delivery service. They should have been delivered yesterday but are in limbo, as far as the tracking service is concerned. They were last scanned when I handed the box off at the PO.

I know, I know, it's early yet but dammit... those are my babies in there, and the UXM #94 is my favourite child of all.

:pullhair:

-slym

Nope - standard. But I am talking about the shipping of the comics to Sarasota.

I did just check - they arrived at the PO in Sarasota, but not yet delivered. At least I know they are still alive.

-slym

You sent them Priority, then chose the standard tier, which will take over 6 months. lol

Hurry up and stop. :insane: