• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Completist Marvel Collectors?

50 posts in this topic

Only 5900 or so?

They would make just twenty-two long boxes or so… One could think about it! :D

lol Only 22 boxes. Good luck! Let me know how you make out. :headbang: finding all the Pasty, Millie and the other love type comics may take you awhile....after of course coming up with all the money it takes to buy every hero issue in that time frame....then of course the Pre Hero issues....finding some of those will be also hard. And some of the reprint issues are also hard to locate a lot of dealers don't carry them....and then of course all the Western titles that may also be a sticking point. And some of the really weird stuff is also hard to find.

Find this....(I could be out of touch because I have not looked for a copy in a long time, but this took me years to find)

bigjimspack.jpg[/img]

lol That's what I was talking about, Frankie got the goods (worship)

I can't imagine anyone having bigger or better collections than you two. (worship)

Only 5900 or so?

lol Only 22 boxes. Good luck! Let me know how you make out. :headbang: finding all the Pasty, Millie and the other love type comics may take you awhile....after of course coming up with all the money it takes to buy every hero issue in that time frame....then of course the Pre Hero issues....finding some of those will be also hard. And some of the reprint issues are also hard to locate a lot of dealers don't carry them....and then of course all the Western titles that may also be a sticking point. And some of the really weird stuff is also hard to find.

Find this....(I could be out of touch because I have not looked for a copy in a long time, but this took me years to find)

I can't imagine anyone having bigger or better collections than you two. (worship)

Don't say that Dave.....Ghost Town (who I had the pleasure to meet in person at the NYCC and was a real cool guy! Was kinda like meeting a rock star. lol) can come in here and post one comic that's better then my entire collection. lol Always guys with better stuff! We just have been at it for years!

Is that a promotional comic?

You’ve reminded me of Baravelli’s "L’Amico Jackson", a character which acted as a bridge between the various superhero (and non-superhero. as even italian western hero Tex Willer was featured, and Tarzan! :D ) licensed characters:

Yes it is a promo comic which over street lists as a Marvel release. It haunted me for years. :sick:lol

Only 5900 or so?

Don't say that Dave.....Ghost Town (who I had the pleasure to meet in person at the NYCC and was a real cool guy! Was kinda like meeting a rock star. lol) can come in here and post one comic that's better then my entire collection. lol Always guys with better stuff! We just have been at it for years!

Well you guys are like rock stars to me. (worship)

Only 5900 or so?

They would make just twenty-two long boxes or so One could think about it! :D

I cannot even imagine the determination and time it would take to do this on a limited budget. (Assuming you have a limited budget... lol ) It took me two years just to complete the JIM Thor run. That's prolly about 1/100th of your run. Can't comprehend this.

Only 5900 or so?

I cannot even imagine the determination and time it would take to do this on a limited budget. (Assuming you have a limited budget... lol ) It took me two years just to complete the JIM Thor run. That's prolly about 1/100th of your run. Can't comprehend this.

Blue collar worker here bro. Not rich. This took a long time!

And thanks Dave. You are like a rock star on the boards also! Your collection from what I can tell....ROCKS! Would like to meet you one day if you ever get to this side of the US. :headbang:

Only 5900 or so?

And thanks Dave. You are like a rock star on the boards also! Your collection from what I can tell....ROCKS! Would like to meet you one day if you ever get to this side of the US. :headbang:

I have but a few trinkets,but you have the whole pot of gold my friend.One day I'll make it out to a con out there. (thumbs u

A book publisher I work with is looking for individuals who are completist, or as close as can be, in collecting Marvels since the Silver Age.

Can anyone recommend who might fit that description?

PM or e-mail me at EsquireComics@aol.com.

Thanks! (thumbs u

I think you may be looking for *Bronze age fan*.

:acclaim: I have every comic Marvel published from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Need 10 more comics to have 1959 complete. :hi:

Can't say this enough (worship)

A book publisher I work with is looking for individuals who are completist, or as close as can be, in collecting Marvels since the Silver Age.

Thanks! (thumbs u

Jon Berk. (thumbs u

Jon Berk. (thumbs u

This is who I think of whenever I get too cocky about my own collection. I'm just a blade of grass in his lawn.

BTW, sell Frankie a comic, if you haven't! It's a fun way to immortalize a piece of your hoard!

Thanks! (thumbs u

:acclaim: I have every comic Marvel published from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Need 10 more comics to have 1959 complete. :hi:

That is absolutely amazing...

Thanks! (thumbs u

That is absolutely amazing...

Well done Frankie, that is amazing!

Jon Berk. (thumbs u

This is who I think of whenever I get too cocky about my own collection. I'm just a blade of grass in his lawn.

BTW, sell Frankie a comic, if you haven't! It's a fun way to immortalize a piece of your hoard!

I forgot, John Verzyl has a complete Marvel set too.

Only 5900 or so?

I wanna meet up too... :headbang:

Only 5900 or so?

Same for me, I am a Blue collar worker also, I am far from rich, it just takes years of dedication and hard work to hunt down these books.

90% of my collection is pre-internet, now that was hard work.

Only 5900 or so?

I wanna meet up too... :headbang:

:headbang: Yeah bro, your on my list of board members I would also like to meet. Guys who seem to be here because they enjoy comic books.....and don't have there own agenda for using this place for personal gain. With the hopes of finding that new sucker who may not know any better.

Seems to be more of those people joining us. :sick:

Only 5900 or so?

Same for me, I am a Blue collar worker also, I am far from rich, it just takes years of dedication and hard work to hunt down these books.

90% of my collection is pre-internet, now that was hard work.

Yeah bro. I also made the big mistake of never having bought a big collection from any one. Which may have filled in a lot of what I needed for cheap. All my comics I bought a little at a time. Epic fail. :tonofbricks:

Finding comics before the Internet was pretty hard. I remember going into stores on half price back issue days....and leaving with a box full. Store owners still remember me years later. lol