• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Platinum & GA Pedigree CGC Books - PRICED TO SELL

130 posts in this topic

Gang Busters #6, Mile High pedigree (Fawcett, 1948) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-White to White pages.

Overstreet 2013 NM- 9.2 value = $275.

Frankly, I am tempted to simply keep this one given the cover but if someone wants to pay me $550.00, it's yours!

Gangbusters6-Church_zps82ae6df4.jpg

could you let me know if you have any Charlie Chans please?

Hi Nero, no Charlie Chans unfortunately! :sorry:

awww thats a shame, but thanks for letting me know :)

glwts!

Black Cat Mystery #47 Mile High pedigree (Harvey, 1953) CGC FN+ 6.5 Off-white to white pages. Lee Elias cover. Bob Powell and Howard Nostrand art.

Overstreet 2013 FN 6.0 value = $81; VF 8.0 value = $160.

$140.00

BlackCat47.jpg

:takeit:

Nevermind already gone :P

King Comics #32 CGC 9.0 Edgar Church copy, Off-White Pages

Overstreet 2013 9.0 value = $349; 9.2 value = $450.

Unless there were two Church copies, it looks like this book was previously graded CGC 9.2 and someone got greedy and tried to upgrade it. Sorry dude, your loss, that's what you get! That said, the book previously sold for over $1,000 as a CGC 9.2.

$695.00

DSC_0280_zpsc1f82967.jpg

The Comics #2 (Dell, 1937) CGC 9.2 Cream to off-white pages.

Lost Valley copy

Overstreet 2013 9.2 value = $1,275.

Tied for highest certified.

Well, the Church copy in the same grade sold for $2,473 in 2002. Sigh.

$1,250.00

Comics2.jpg

I mostly collect super hero comics, but this is nice.

Any Okajima's? While others have always wanted a Mile High, this is the one I'd love to get one of.

I do have one. I believe it is a Jungle Comic. But its not slabbed. Apparently it has an overhang and can't be slabbed.

Just in case you ever wanted to get it slabbed... CGC may have sent back such books to the submitter unslabbed in the past, but these days, they might just slab it in a magazine style holder, at least I would think they would if the submitter requested such.

Any Okajima's? While others have always wanted a Mile High, this is the one I'd love to get one of.

I do have one. I believe it is a Jungle Comic. But its not slabbed. Apparently it has an overhang and can't be slabbed.

Just in case you ever wanted to get it slabbed... CGC may have sent back such books to the submitter unslabbed in the past, but these days, they might just slab it in a magazine style holder, at least I would think they would if the submitter requested such.

A little press will shrink that overlap right away.

Thanks for letting me know. One would think I would know something like that. ;)

A little press will shrink that overlap right away.

(tsk):hi:

Nyoka the Jungle Girl #74 Mile High pedigree (Fawcett, 1952) CGC FN 6.0 Off-white to white pages.

Photo cover.

Overstreet 2013 FN 6.0 value = $24.

Ok, this is your opportunity to own a Church book at the CHEAPEST possible price!!!! If you never thought you would have the cash for one, think again!!! Yes, I know I priced this one at multiples of guide more so than the others but have you ever seen a Church book for less than $100??????? Anyone can afford this!!!! Plus, it has a woman with a knife!!!

And it is a beauty, notwithstanding the mid-grade!!!

$92.50

DSC_0281_zps7ffa2fd5.jpg