• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed. Thanks to all buyers!

57 posts in this topic

I'll be adding the nicest copy of ASM 300 I've ever seen. Graded 9.8. I've owned a lot, even a 9.9 I submitted. Only an interior sig keeps this from a 9.9. I have comparative pics to show. Probably add it tonight.

Ok. Here it is. First, ***the 9.9 Is NOT for sale. *** Just wanted to get that out of the way. Continuing... This 9.8 is the finest example of this book I've ever seen. Sharp corners, no spine stresses, no rough cut on the right edge, and no bindery cuts that plague this book. These are only a couple of comparative shots of the two books. I subbed both of them. Reason for no 9.9? Has to be the interior sig. The OO had McFarlane sign this, and a handful of others at a show in the early 90's. That sucks. CGC has said they downgrade for interior signatures. Most don't make 9.8 because of this. Why buy? It is probably in CGC's best interests to start authenticating cover and interior signatures, This is just my opinion. There are mountains of books out there that people won't send in because of this policy. Charging a premium for authenticating (ala PSA) would allow people to send in those books to get authenticated and graded. Everyone's happy. Except for those with bogus sigs. They may never decide to authenticate. Who knows? I never thought they'd charge for grading notes. Anyhow, as much as I'd like to sock this one away until that magical, theoretical time, I cannot. So, I'm selling the worlds nicest 9.8. I'll stake my reputation on the fact the sig is legit. I've dealt with the guy many times, and he is a standup guy with A LOT of signed books. The sig is about 2cm tall, and a few more wide. Small. ((( I have many shots of both books for a comparison))), if you PM me. The price is $1000. The first four photos are of the 9.8, the one for sale. The last two pics are of the 9.9 that's not for sale.

F962681D-D47B-46C1-BE78-390EEA57B21B-7092-0000073894621515_zpscf02a6ac.jpgB742B562-6B92-4D7F-BFB6-40DA66970D90-7092-000007387CC0194F_zps4fde47f8.jpg24649B8A-48B1-4E40-A09C-52F0E035D933-7092-0000073DFC633ADD_zpsd9c7cbef.jpg34174086-FCAD-4DF0-8A60-95ED260A5C43-7122-00000744A5B5C994_zps8b26d1a9.jpg55130259-0D67-4BD3-A8E2-4DD626942386-7122-00000742B41D3B17_zps9362c67e.jpgB57D30EC-14D6-4327-98C8-8753E0229703-7122-00000742C6C12A08_zps5e217077.jpg

Ok. Here it is. First, ***the 9.9 Is NOT for sale. *** Just wanted to get that out of the way. Continuing... This 9.8 is the finest example of this book I've ever seen. Sharp corners, no spine stresses, no rough cut on the right edge, and no bindery cuts that plague this book. These are only a couple of comparative shots of the two books. I subbed both of them. Reason for no 9.9? Has to be the interior sig. The OO had McFarlane sign this, and a handful of others at a show in the early 90's. That sucks. CGC has said they downgrade for interior signatures. Most don't make 9.8 because of this. Why buy? It is probably in CGC's best interests to start authenticating cover and interior signatures, This is just my opinion. There are mountains of books out there that people won't send in because of this policy. Charging a premium for authenticating (ala PSA) would allow people to send in those books to get authenticated and graded. Everyone's happy. Except for those with bogus sigs. They may never decide to authenticate. Who knows? I never thought they'd charge for grading notes. Anyhow, as much as I'd like to sock this one away until that magical, theoretical time, I cannot. So, I'm selling the worlds nicest 9.8. I'll stake my reputation on the fact the sig is legit. I've dealt with the guy many times, and he is a standup guy with A LOT of signed books. The sig is about 2cm tall, and a few more wide. Small. ((( I have many shots of both books for a comparison))), if you PM me. The price is $1000. The first four photos are of the 9.8, the one for sale. The last two pics are of the 9.9 that's not for sale.

I hear ya on this. Especially Mcfarlane books since there are so many with signed interiors. I myself have a 9.8 #298 but it is in a 9.6 holder due to the interior sig. Really bothers me that this is marked down for yet a book can be missing half it's cover gloss and still grade 9.8

That ASM 300 9.8 is INCREDIBLE! This is just one example of whats wrong with yellow labels imo.
Thanks. I knew it was a special book when I bought it. Only the tiniest little fleck in the bottom right corner of the back keep this from a possible 10.0. That, and a signature of the artist. (Rolls eyes)

I hear ya on this. Especially Mcfarlane books since there are so many with signed interiors. I myself have a 9.8 #298 but it is in a 9.6 holder due to the interior sig. Really bothers me that this is marked down for yet a book can be missing half it's cover gloss and still grade 9.8

Word. I can't even imagine how many degenerate books that have nasty un-SS'd signatures on them. If I were in charge, I'd see it as a cash cow in the making. All of those green labels free from persecution, and all of the interior signed books don't have to worry about being stigmatized. They'd have to hire a reeeally good signature analyst.