• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer #1 CGC 4.0 I did a price drop

41 posts in this topic

Jim, you can also have an idea of prices (at least for books which come up frequently, i.e. not rare GA books) by registering at Heritage Auctions (registration is free) and searching past sales. It does not give a full view, but at least you get an idea.

When I tried to sell my Fantastic Four #3 CGC I overpriced it, and as I priced it more in line with the last sales, I sold it immediately. :)

Jim, you can also have an idea of prices (at least for books which come up frequently, i.e. not rare GA books) by registering at Heritage Auctions (registration is free) and searching past sales. It does not give a full view, but at least you get an idea.

When I tried to sell my Fantastic Four #3 CGC I overpriced it, and as I priced it more in line with the last sales, I sold it immediately. :)

Good point. Even E-bay has a search that allows to search for 'sold' deals.

I hate to ask because it screams newbie (which I am) But what is GPA?

And very nice 4.0 JKING If I didn't have one being graded as we speak I would be all over it for that price....thanks and GLWYS

It's a web site that tracks sales data for CGC graded comics: http://comics.gpanalysis.com/. Membership is cheap and well worth it.

I hate to ask because it screams newbie (which I am) But what is GPA?

And very nice 4.0 JKING If I didn't have one being graded as we speak I would be all over it for that price....thanks and GLWYS

It's a web site that tracks sales data for CGC graded comics: http://comics.gpanalysis.com/. Membership is cheap and well worth it.

+1

helpful not just for sales but for purchases as well

Honestly Jim, I don’t think the price is too high (and you even offered a shipping discount) since, if not fot the light pen marks (which are not so obtrusive), the book presents a lot better than a VG.

It‘s probably just that it‘s not exaggeratedly sought after at the moment, so it probably would take just some patience. (thumbs u

(You made me laugh with your girlfriend’s anedocte… :D ).

Honestly Jim, I don’t think the price is too high (and you even offered a shipping discount) since, if not fot the light pen marks (which are not so obtrusive), the book presents a lot better than a VG.

It‘s probably just that it‘s not exaggeratedly sought after at the moment, so it probably would take just some patience. (thumbs u

(You made me laugh with your girlfriend’s anedocte… :D ).

Ya I also dont think the price is crazy, was at a little Con on Sunday in the Phildelphia area. They had copies that were worse off looking then my copy and for a lot more with even their discount being a joke price

In terms of books not selling fairly quickly (especially for hotter books) - the book is priced over market. Hot marvel books priced at market value seem to fly off the shelves here on the boards. Best of luck with your sale!

In terms of books not selling fairly quickly (especially for hotter books) - the book is priced over market. Hot marvel books priced at market value seem to fly off the shelves here on the boards. Best of luck with your sale!

As I said, it’s priced over market for a VG, but the book definitely presents better than a VG, and most people overprice Silver Surfer #1 in most grades – have a look on eBay and you’ll see. :P

As I said, it’s priced over market for a VG, but the book definitely presents better than a VG, and most people overprice Silver Surfer #1 in most grades – have a look on eBay and you’ll see. :P

It's a CGC 4.0 ... prices realized are very easy to come by. There's not much pixie dust involved. Short of one sale in 2002, this is more than any price in GPA. Relative to recent averages, it's about 50% higher.