• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help me understand these Avengers prices

24 posts in this topic

I was never really a Heck fan. He was the in-betweener between Kirby and the Buscema Brothers. Kane did the covers for #37 and #38 and it really shows.

Let's not forget Heck did some Bronze Avengers issues too. INCLUDING 110 & 111. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're right, Heck did the interiors and Kane did the cover for 110, Buckler the cover for 111. I also think that these issues are popular because the x-men were on the re-run issues. Avengers 110 came out between x-men 66 and giant size 1.

I do remember seeing this photo from silveracre.com. It shows a warehouse find of Avengers. Look at the stack of Avengers 30.

aveng30.jpg[/img]

I paid 250 bucks for my Avengers 30 CGC 9.4 White pages...When these hit the market frown.gif

Look at the stack of the Annual #3, another bubble ready to pop when they hit the market. I paid 160.00 for a CGC 9.4.

Back to the subject, to be honest, I don't know why bronze are taking off faster than some of the silver-age stuff. I'm just throwing theories at the wall and hoping they stick.

Back to the subject, to be honest, I don't know why bronze are taking off faster than some of the silver-age stuff. I'm just throwing theories at the wall and hoping they stick.

More old readers "coming of age", more money, and higher-than Silver age supply but low CGC Census numbers.

I cannot see these numbers continuing, but who knows?