• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are they serious with this Joker's Daughter abomination?

26 posts in this topic

Utterly unreadable. Catwoman 23, JD villains month one-shot and now Catwoman 24 might possibly be the worst three books of the year.

Am I just crazy or do others agree?

IMO Joker's Daughter will only catch on with speculators unless they give a good writer a crack at her. (Although I don't see how you could possibly recover from this backstory).

I'd like to thank DC for saving me a few bucks each month from here on out!

Sorry for the rantrant

I only read the first 6 or 7 pages of the Catwoman that came out today. I didn't like the writing at all. Seemed like they are trying to be cool and edgy but to me it came off cheesy and wasn't working. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I like Snyder and Morrison for the most part but Catwoman. I'll pass.

There are non-viable keys?

If someone considered Joker's Daughter 3D one, then yes.

Depends on what you consider a key.

For example, I like Miss Martian. So I consider her first appearance to be a Key book. However, it can easily be found for $1. So I wouldn't really consider it viable, in investment terms.

If someone considered Joker's Daughter 3D one, then yes.

Depends on what you consider a key.

For example, I like Miss Martian. So I consider her first appearance to be a Key book. However, it can easily be found for $1. So I wouldn't really consider it viable, in investment terms.

If someone considered Joker's Daughter 3D a key, then they are a bit simple.

What viable keys did you get then?

If DC could get their act together with this character then I could see down the road Jokers Daughter being a viable key character. Catwoman 23 1st print had roughly 24,000 copies the 2nd print had about 7,900. Jokers daughter 3d 29,000 & 2d 30,000. So these numbers are low in my eyes for a potentially big character. I think the catwoman 23 2nd print is a sleeper... really low print. And how many shops returned the 2d version for credit? That would be interesting to know.

The character potential is there DC needs to make the much needed changes if they are serious about it.

I'm amazed that Catwoman has lasted for that many issues.

Is it still obsessed with fetishism and big boobs?

I've been reading Catwoman since issue 1, and I just want to believe it'll get better.

Really, I want to believe that so bad. I don't have much of an opinion of JD. She doesn't suit my fancy TBH.

Yeah, I was at the LCS and he told me this was coming out. We talked about the JD 3-D cover being on e-bay. He said he saw one CGC and selling at that time for $700. That was the bid at the time and looked like it was still going up. To me its pure insanity. And now they are trying to use her, but from what I am seeing here the writing sucks. So, I can't wait until 6 months - 1 year from now when these are going for $10-$20. lol

If DC could get their act together with this character then I could see down the road Jokers Daughter being a viable key character. Catwoman 23 1st print had roughly 24,000 copies the 2nd print had about 7,900. Jokers daughter 3d 29,000 & 2d 30,000. So these numbers are low in my eyes for a potentially big character. I think the catwoman 23 2nd print is a sleeper... really low print. And how many shops returned the 2d version for credit? That would be interesting to know.

The character potential is there DC needs to make the much needed changes if they are serious about it.

i saw catwoman 23 (1st print) 3 for $10 at NYCC..huge stacks...I declined

There are "key" issues in terms of character/plot/title development that simply don't have any real monetary value due to a vast # of copies being printed..

Hard to say Spawn 1 isn't a "key" issue, for example.

Same for #1s of some longish running/popularish titles like New Mutants, Alpha Flight, etc.