• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will this make you more likely to accept checks as eBay payments?

3 posts in this topic

I already take personal checks for my auctions. If the amount is < $50 I will usually mail the books before they even clear (even though I tell the buyer I may wait). Before PayPal came along about 75% of my auctions were paid for with a check. Out of probably 100 transactions I have never had one bounce.

Now that PayPal is here I probably only get 5% checks/MO.

I pay for everything with a check and accept checks or money orders. I've accepted hundreds of checks with never a problem, yet had multiple bad Paypal transactions. Folks, the scammers don't bother with personal checks... Paypal is the number one tool in their toolbox. With checks, you have the bank on your side. With Paypal, if there is a problem, you have to fight the scammer AND Paypal. You are on your own.

I can understand the convenience of Paypal, but since they screwed me with a bogus chargeback, I can't use them anymore. It aggravates me when sellers accept Paypal ONLY! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif