• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 F/S on eBay - Check it out!

38 posts in this topic

Sounds like time for a poll. You and I have been here long enough to know the consensus on private auctions, but a poll might make it clearer.

Slammin' a newbie? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Not at all. You questioned Rob's assertion that it was a general consensus around here that private auctions = something fishy. It's not his opinion, it's a fact. Most people around here look at private auctions as suspicious. It's not a slam on you, it's just the way it is around here. If they work for you then who cares what people around here think. Do what works for you.

SG - That was a joke stooges.gif

Only negative comments are expressed on this topic, because people who view it negatively feel a need to comment; those who don't view it negatively really don't care what others think. poke2.gif

SG - That was a joke stooges.gif

Only negative comments are expressed on this topic, because people who view it negatively feel a need to comment; those who don't view it negatively really don't care what others think. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Ok, no more free bumbs for you, I'm out. insane.gif

Why, does it bother you?

Yes it does. I won't bid on private auctions because of the possibility of shill bidding, no matter who the seller is.

As a matter of fact, I have not seen any of the reputable big high dollar eBay dealers use a private auction.

I cant make out Shang-Chi's face in your avatar confused.gif

and

I gotta agree here Divad, no need for private auctions dude, although I would'nt hesitate to buy from you, private auctions puts a sour feeling in my gut, just my 2c.

I cant make out Shang-Chi's face in your avatar confused.gif

and

I gotta agree here Divad, no need for private auctions dude, although I would'nt hesitate to buy from you, private auctions puts a sour feeling in my gut, just my 2c.

Geez Niko, now I feel bad frown.gif Let's see how this one turns out devil.gif

I was unaware that many of you potential buyers consider private auctions as possibly deceptive, and in poor taste. This was not my intention in presenting this auction. I chose a private format simply for the buyer's confidentiality, period. Please be assured that this auction is on the up & up. Check out my feedback carefully - I think you will be impressed.