• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Trailer (2014)

79 posts in this topic

Im going to show the trailer to my great aunt and see how she feels about it :tonofbricks:

I'm sure she'll get it, unless she doesn't understand English.

It's simple enough for a great aunt to comprehend.

Sorry that wasnt a response to your post. I was just joking around. I just dont see the point of showing the trailer to anyone to get their opinion on something they know nothing about. If I showed an old lady the trailer to Wolverine and the trailer to First Class its not as if shes going to be able to ascertain whats going on or see the differences between the two.

Looks good as a sequel to X-men First class, but not getting the X-men 141-142 vibe.

Seems Wolverine is going into the past and not the future.

What do you guys think?

There was an 'official' thread already started.

:makepoint:

Looks good as a sequel to X-men First class, but not getting the X-men 141-142 vibe.

What do you guys think?

There was an 'official' thread already started.

:makepoint:

Who gives a :censored:(shrug)

Many people like myself don't go back into the same threads where people instead of talking about the movie are now talking about what sheep they just banged. :foryou:

I went to the last 3 pages and no one posted the new trailer.

Tonight I am going to perform an experiment.

I am going to show that trailer to my 12 year old, who has never read DOFP, and then after it's over I am going to ask him what the story is about.

Any story with even a moderate amount of complexity to it is difficult to understand from only a trailer, so I'm not sure what the point of that experiment would be.

That even a 12 year old can see a bleak looking world, and a character talking about going back to "his younger self" and having to convince people in the past to change the future, can figure out what they are looking at.

This was one of the more simple to understand, in broad terms, trailers I have seen.

I get that there were quick shots of a lot of characters, but the overall idea was crystal fricken clear and I would wager my 12 year old son, who's seen the films but never read DOFP would get that the first time through.

Is someone here questioning your logic otherwise?

I agree its pretty clear. Movie will be a good sequel, but not what comic fans of X-men 141-42 were hoping for.

Im going to show the trailer to my great aunt and see how she feels about it :tonofbricks:

lol

I showed my goldfish, and he gave it three BLOOPS and a POP. So that's gotta be worth something.

Mister Puffy took back one BLOOP. But I am not sure if that was a rating change or an inhaled burp.

:ohnoez:

I went to the last 3 pages and no one posted the new trailer.

So you thought that on this popular comic book forum, nobody would have posted the trailer 24 hours after it was released to the world?

Must have been a tough day at the beach. :baiting:

Many people like myself don't go back into the same threads where people instead of talking about the movie are now talking about what sheep they just banged.

Are you sure you are on the right part of the boards?

:baiting: :lol:

-slym

Many people like myself don't go back into the same threads where people instead of talking about the movie are now talking about what sheep they just banged.

Are you sure you are on the right part of the boards?

:baiting: :lol:

-slym

It was meant for PM.

:blush:

I am going to show that trailer to my 12 year old, who has never read DOFP, and then after it's over I am going to ask him what the story is about.

Any story with even a moderate amount of complexity to it is difficult to understand from only a trailer, so I'm not sure what the point of that experiment would be.

That even a 12 year old can see a bleak looking world, and a character talking about going back to "his younger self" and having to convince people in the past to change the future, can figure out what they are looking at.

This was one of the more simple to understand, in broad terms, trailers I have seen.

I get that there were quick shots of a lot of characters, but the overall idea was crystal fricken clear and I would wager my 12 year old son, who's seen the films but never read DOFP would get that the first time through.

I agree its pretty clear. Movie will be a good sequel, but not what comic fans of X-men 141-42 were hoping for.

It was a response to all the folks saying they had no idea what was going on, or what the story contained, and how it was a royal mess, and they had no idea what the story was ultimately about.

It was a response to all the folks saying they had no idea what was going on, or what the story was, and how it was a royal mess, and they had no idea what the story was about.

Gotcha

What do you guys think?

I thought we were going to see Sentinels?

What happened?

The Thor and Captain America trailers are creating far more buzz then this.

I would expect that X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST should be up to at least the same standards of all the X-MEN movies.

So it should be a decent movie.

What do you guys think?

What happened?

I would expect that X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST should be up to at least the same standards of all the X-MEN movies.

Possible Academy Award? :wishluck:

The trailer gave me chills.

3 observations

1) It seems like people who didn't care for cap loved Thor and vice versa. I wonder if there's something about our personalities that's responsible for that.

2) How can the same fanboys moaning about pictures not following the comic storyline, be the same ones who are now moaning that no one on the street or their kids could understand the trailer without reading the story. Hello? Cake and eat it too anyone?

3) For the fanboys crying about no sentinels-- hello, they will be there (gee.. could prof x. be looking up at one).

What do you guys think?

What happened?

Possible Academy Award? :wishluck:

Yes - for Halle Berry.