• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide and the 9.4's -- 10.0's...

21 posts in this topic

Ovestreet is not pefect, but neither is GPA.

Case in point, GPA does not account for Private Sales of Graded Comics (like the ones that take place on CGC's WTB, LCS's, at Conventions, Flea Markets, or through selling from an existing customer/client base) which in my opinion, accounts for a very high percentage of sales... once again... are unaccounted for by GPA since they are not registered. That is a HUGE AMOUNT of unaccounted sales not registered with GPA!

And, let's not forget, GPA does not register raw grade sales. And these sales far eclispes graded comic book sales by a staggering amount in terms of volume.

And let's not forget The Greater Fool Theory. But in order to bait the next "fool", you need a sound combination of GPA, Overstreet, CGC, Market Trends, and sound Selling Techniques to get it done.

But why wouldn't an abundance of published resources for both buyers and sellers for the things we sell in high grades be in demand (for both raw and graded)?

I'm scratching my head at all the dissenters.

Sometimes I think people are just afraid of change.

I'm sure CGC must have faced a mountain when they first started because people were afraid of change. But look now at how much we embrace it.

Imagine two guides both that include valuations from 2.0 to 10.0... it would be a wonderful resource and an asset.

But heck... to each his own.

SW3D