• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David and Goliath

5 posts in this topic

or Trying to compete with space or the lack there of.

Nothing makes me feel like I am accomplishing something as much as moving things around my place. It's small and what keeps me here is the very cheap rent. It's also mine, and as much as I hope to have a bigger place one day, I am happy with what I have, even when I am not. I know I am going to have to start getting rid of things to make this work around here. Of course I would like to get rid of the things I don't want or use, like about twenty X-Box games.

My Star Wars action figures are safely ensconced in two closets covered by more shelves. Hardback Novels line the shelves. I have numerous shot glasses in the hall, the one area that I am having difficulty figuring out what else to use it for. This is my home, not my storage unit. This is the place I come to relax and looking at neatly stacked comics and statues are so much better than stacks of colored paper meant to be read. I don't have much time to do it (the moving, not the reading of comics) and when I do, my neighbors are asleep. I have ideas; I just need to implement them.

Of course my brother is far away and he can't help. Both my best friends are sleeping and I am writing just to give me a breather. I could just give up, but that is unlike me. I'd rather fall from fatigue then just quit. Of course that doesn't count if I find a really cool comic book to read, like this Avengers #260...or maybe this Fantastic Four #279...and look at this a beautiful copy of New Mutants #60...OK, quitting time it is.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14592.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

It's kind of fun though right? Checking out books you maybe haven't looked at in awhile. I just sifted through several boxes and reread Amazing Spider-man 174 and 175...cool story/art. It also gives you a chance to rearrange the way your collection is displayed and maybe even purge some things to give you some space back. Sure it's work, but it can be fun...for me at least. Wish I was there to help my friend.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg