• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL CLOSED >>>YJ1, SHADOW, WF 16, ST 101, 1ST HUMAN TORCH >>

64 posts in this topic

8.0 WITH OFF WHITE /WHITE PAPER

Simply put...these should not exist in this high grade!!!!! Virtually flawless front and back but GCC found something to pick on ;)

$225 shipped USA

usual rules apply

IMG_1699_zpseab28f9d.jpg

IMG_1700_zps77ba0490.jpg

Not every day you see a five center. Very cool.

We have a consolidated tradition of those 19th century/early 20th century serialized novels in Italy. I love when publications printed on such a bad paper remain perfectly conserved. :)

I suppose it’s quite an accomplishment to put together a run of those Buffalo Bills.

A Run? Well not a full run....but I do have close...329 of the 364! :) but not all are of this quality.....and some are bound volumes and why I have released this issue and a few others.

I have many lessor grades, at lessor prices (some graded) if you are interested. As you know just to have graded cost $31 USD!!!

Thanks for your interest....I am of Italian decent...;)

Love Italy!

Ciao

Joe

A Run? Well not a full run....but I do have close...329 of the 364! :) but not all are of this quality.....and some are bound volumes and why I have released this issue and a few others.

I have many lessor grades, at lessor prices (some graded) if you are interested. As you know just to have graded cost $31 USD!!!

Thanks for your interest....I am of Italian decent...;)

Love Italy!

Ciao

Joe

That is awesome. I guess it took a lot. So these two are high grade duplicates? How’s the average grade of your collection of these Buffalo Bills?

I’m always fascinated by rare books with historical significance, but if I start to pick everything I would be quickly swamped, so I’d better stick with my current focus (already too wide).

Something I’d really like to find is some issues of Nerbini’s "L’Affascinatore", the italian edition of the french storypaper "Fascinax". I am a big fan of Giove Toppi, which illustrated the italian first edition, from 1924.

zyEMrBBh.jpg

$450...very deep colors...I paid near as much....and this is shipped....US

One recently went for $600...others for less...up and down...way it goes....

I also have a 3.0 $275...pretty much my cost ....shipped..real nice 3.0

GRADES vary....some are bound...most not....grades from VG to VF but some lower....

I do have some, other than American for example I also have a full run of FANTOMAS and original Ned Kelly all parts....and also original Varney the Vampyre etc....

BTW I have a fair amount of duplicates in BBS and BBW....grades vary....

That is a great looking issue..thanks for sharing...and best with your collection!

GRADES vary....some are bound...most not....grades from VG to VF but some lower....

I do have some, other than American for example I also have a full run of FANTOMAS and original Ned Kelly all parts....and also original Varney the Vampyre etc....

BTW I have a fair amount of duplicates in BBS and BBW....grades vary....

That is a great looking issue..thanks for sharing...and best with your collection!

Awesome, it is an oustanding accomplishment nonetheless! (thumbs u

Unfortunately I have no Affascinatore issues – that is a found picture. :(

COVER QUITE NICE. BOLD & BRIGHT COVERS. There are no creases or tears of note...just minor corner fold bottom left corner. However there is some minor restoration both top corners (very nicely done). Single staple books has been reinforced with a clear piece of archival tape. No spine splits or repairs on spine. Back cover similar to front but no restoration that I can spot. Pages are off white but no doubt at least 2-3 centerfolds were loose at tone time causing some chipping, tearing and fraying on parts of those centerfolds. Some of those edge tears have been resealed with neatly with glue.

PRICE $360 SHIPPED....USA

Usual rules apply....

IMG_1669_zps67308392.jpg

IMG_1673_zpsab98b123.jpg

IMG_1671_zps3e6fe57e.jpg

IMG_1675_zpsb5820bf8.jpg

IMG_1674_zps9d469036.jpg

IMG_1670_zpsb8e0c0d2.jpg

WORLD'S FINEST #16

VERY BOLD color covers. Mostly corner wear/creases but does have a crease/bend off center from top to bottom. Bottom 1" spine split. Light wear near spine itself.

Full spine, bold lettering, nice. Back cover nice and white! (even better than front). Pages are real nice Light Cream overall. Very supple and tight at spine. Interior covers are also very nice and white. Pages solidly attached to cover. I'd say 4.5 overall.

Price: $275 shipped USA.

Usual rules. I'll take it...first preference over PM.

IMG_1720_zps56bb1863.jpg

IMG_1723_zpse54657ca.jpg

IMG_1721_zpsd105b2c7.jpg

IMG_1722_zpse501c00d.jpg

HERE is one getting harder to find. Marvel Comics try at Pulps.

Included mention of the first Human Torch comic!

Nice overall shape. Two small piece of tape at spine, top and bottom wrap.

Front cover has light wear, very bold colors, no fade. Light store stamp in image but barely visible and not distracting. Spine nice and complete. Back cover also nice, minor tears, complete. Pages are exceptional, off white about as good as they get!!!

Price: $250 shipped USA.

Usual rules apply....

IMG_1716_zps5906ed22.jpg

IMG_1717_zps4a6475f4.jpg

IMG_1718_zps45cf9302.jpg

IMG_1719_zpsffbd4442.jpg

MY mistake here...I never notice the centerfolds were detached...might be able to be reattached. Super good looking cover! One of the Shadow's best in my opinion.

Only 4 in higher grade....if you can reattach pages.....

Price: $265 shipped USA

Usual rules apply.

IMG_1710_zps92aaf5c4.jpg

I Thought it would grade higher. There are no crease, tears etc....not sure why CGC did not grade higher...a 6.5 recently went for $375.

THE cloudiness you see is glare..not on book.

Price $300 shipped in USA

Usual rules apply.

IMG_1711_zpsb2eba5c2.jpg