• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Heath Survivor Series FINAL ROUND!

Russ Heath Survivor Series FINAL ROUND!  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Russ Heath Survivor Series FINAL ROUND!

32 posts in this topic

It's a great victory for another war cover with that all-conquering camera angle.

Let's remember the courageous third-place showing by a non-war book, Marvel Tales 130, a cover which was doomed to failure because of Heath's grievous error of omitting an appropriately-angled ME 109 attack on the giant claw and, of course, the undervalued aesthetic attributes of Spellbound 20.

A fantastic series. Thanks, Andy. :):applause:

So am I jumping to conclusions that this poll result means we should start selling GIC80 at a serious multiplier of OPG?

And I assume it also means we should just burn/compost all of the other lesser Heath covers that did not measure up?

Or am I overstating the significance of this poll?

So am I jumping to conclusions that this poll result means we should start selling GIC80 at a serious multiplier of OPG?

And I assume it also means we should just burn/compost all of the other lesser Heath covers that did not measure up?

Or am I overstating the significance of this poll?

A little. :wink:

GIC 80 has always sold for over guide if in nice shape. ie 6.0 or better. It's such a tough book in a decent grade and those in the know will snatch it up very quickly.

Take what you will from the contest, I just do it for fun.

GIC 80 has actually won 2 previous DC war Survivor Series contests, and then it was put in the Hall of Fame and not included in the future ones. I couldn't not allow it to go into this one, of course.

This contest was fun for me because I wasn't aware of Russ' sci-fi work. The Marvel Tales #130 and the two Spellbound books were true pieces of greatness, very worthy of Top 5 notoriety. :applause:

To be honest, I'm actually surprised that it came down to two war books. With these boards, although having war comic fans, is made up of a vast majority of collectors of everything but.

Thanks to all who voted and participated with giving your thoughts and opinions. It's always nice to see everyone else's views. (worship)

Andy