• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to tell if a payment received have been sent by paypal personal.

15 posts in this topic

:gossip: You'll see no fees taken out of the funds received. :grin:

Not necessarily. If I pay normally and choose to have the fees upon me, the buyer equally receives the exact amount. :)

I thought if you pay by Paypal balance or via bank there is no fee, but if paid by credit card there is a fee that then you can determine whether or not to take on yourself.

Is that true?

:gossip: You'll see no fees taken out of the funds received. :grin:

Not necessarily. If I pay normally and choose to have the fees upon me, the buyer equally receives the exact amount. :)

I thought if you pay by Paypal balance or via bank there is no fee, but if paid by credit card there is a fee that then you can determine whether or not to take on yourself.

Is that true?

You are always charged the bank fee, not the other part. Currently I have no money on my PayPal account, so if I pay a bank fee is applied, but it’s on me, while the other party just would have to pay the PP fees. If I calculate them and add them to the payment, he/she receives the clean amount. :)

You are always charged the bank fee, not the other part. Currently I have no money on my PayPal account, so if I pay a bank fee is applied, but it’s on me, while the other party just would have to pay the PP fees. If I calculate them and add them to the payment, he/she receives the clean amount. :)

Not if you choose "I'm sending money to family or friends" when sending from USA member to USA member.

142597.png.caaad71fd365dbc454fdc067847872e8.png

Not if you choose "I'm sending money to family or friends" when sending from USA member to USA member.

Since I considered all you guys my family and friends, Paypal took the Personal pay option away from me :sorry:

Since I considered all you guys my family and friends, Paypal took the Personal pay option away from me :sorry:

:(

As they should.

The way PayPal handled International transactions in the past wasn't always the way it was applied to US account holders. For instance, for years, I was always paying fees to send PayPal gift/personal payment. This didn't seem to matter whether it was from my PayPal balance (which 90% of the time it is) or whether I was funding the payment on my credit card. More recently,when they changed the layout to the "family or friends" option, it seemed to have harmonized in a way where if I send it from my balance, I don't pay any fees. I understand this to be the case with other International markets as well.

I confirm that PayPal is not consistent in these details when sending from a country to another country.

When I started to use PayPal, fees are minimal, and there was no PayPal Europe. Now they are pretty high, and not so cost-effective when paying or getting more consistent sums of money. :(

You are always charged the bank fee, not the other part. Currently I have no money on my PayPal account, so if I pay a bank fee is applied, but its on me, while the other party just would have to pay the PP fees. If I calculate them and add them to the payment, he/she receives the clean amount. :)

As they should.

Yup.

What's really annoying is when you have a legitimate use for a personal payment...like paying your friend back for covering the fee to get an artist's signature, or when they subbed books on their account to CGC...and you can't because they decided they wanted to steal Paypal's money.

Royal pain in the .