• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Day Off

5 posts in this topic

Or Time to Clean

I have two days off a week, they just don't coincide. One is Tuesday and the other is Thursday. Of course when everyone is happy it's Friday I'm thinking, Monday already? Today is my cleaning day, the day my chores must get done, especially putting my comic books away.

I decided to move some things around, furniture mostly, and doing this myself is not as easy as it once was. I used to pride myself on the amount of long boxes I owned, but about seven years ago with my purge, I switched to the half boxes they are in now, after all paper gets heavy.

Some of these comic books have been with me a long time, some not so much. I purchased shelving to accommodate the change and have enjoyed the appearance it has bestowed against my place, but I am now past the threshold. The place is becoming something I don't want it to be, an eyesore. So now my decision has to be either purge again or move. And what's it going to look like when my invoices change from Grading/Quality Control to Shipped?

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14670.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I love Mondays instead of Fridays because Fridays I work all day and all night, as well as Saturday nights til late. I like Mondays because it means I will have four nights in a row off to do the things I want to.

Doing pizza delivery for over 23 years means I have not had Friday and Saturday nights off for all of my adult life outside of requested days off. Even now that the pizza job is only a secondary job for extra cash, I still do it on Friday and Saturday nights. That's where the money is for that kind of job.

I too really need to reorganize my comics again. They are getting out of control!!

I have been off these last two days, and I was planning to do some house cleaning, but I got the "couch potato bug" and I haven't done anything.

Luckily, the majority of my comics are neatly stored away, but I do have some recent shipments which arrived and I have yet to open them. Damn I am lazy!

Tomorrow I gotta get out of this rut!

SW3D

The local radio station started to play Christmas music today. Starbucks is selling Gingerbread Lattes. The McRib is back at McDonald's. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to start watching me some Elf, baking some cookies, and decorating the house! Yes, yes I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet. :)

sig.jpg