• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books have you have been buying and speculating on?

73 posts in this topic

For me I have been going absolutely ham on each and every last Ultimate Fallout 4 variant on ebay. I think after Galactus had his fill and they kill off the Ultimate U, Miles Morales will be a major player in the Marvel U. This is the book that I am betting on to catch some heat later in a big way. I think Disney will get behind this character and push it hard. This is strictly my opinion. What are you guys doing?

Animation does not have the constraints that live action does which means the writing will shine. This could gain a cult following like Southpark did early on. There are copies of #1 going for $12-$14 on Ebay recently. There are roughly 7300 copies of #1. Similar print to Walking Dead. Just my opinion...nothing more.

Animation does not have the constraints that live action does which means the writing will shine. This could gain a cult following like Southpark did early on. There are copies of #1 going for $12-$14 on Ebay recently. There are roughly 7300 copies of #1. Similar print to Walking Dead. Just my opinion...nothing more.

Talking about Todd the Ugliest BTW

For me I have been going absolutely ham on each and every last Ultimate Fallout 4 variant on ebay. I think after Galactus had his fill and they kill off the Ultimate U, Miles Morales will be a major player in the Marvel U. This is the book that I am betting on to catch some heat later in a big way. I think Disney will get behind this character and push it hard. This is strictly my opinion. What are you guys doing?

Want my 2nd printing ;) ?

I haven't gone nuts on anything but I have been buying some stuff cheap imo.

Blue chips:

Todd and Clone

Moderate risks:

East of West

Low floor, high ceiling:

Rat Queens, Afterlife with Archie, Day Men

I'm in the black on all but Rat Queens and I'm most heavily invested monetarily and emotionally in East of West. I love it, love it, love it. :grin:

To be fair, that's like the best possible scenario. It mightn't ever air. If it does air it could flop and be cancelled at the first chance. How many cartoons that are hoping to become the next big thing actually become the next big thing?

I'm not saying Todd is a bad bet. In terms of investing smaller amounts of money per comic, it and Clone are probably 2 of the better ones to gamble on.

Just generally speaking, I think the wishful thinking I see in here borders on delusional sometimes. In 5 or 10 years time when we look back with hindsight we might see that there was NOTHING worth speculating on out of the current comics. It might be 10 years before we see another Walking Dead. It might be never. It might be Todd. But it is much more likely that whatever comic you are speculating on doesn't make it to be anywhere near the next big thing.

big difference between quick flip and long term speculation...I haven't really sold much in the last few months. I'm holding beyond what's reasonable or safe or wise (just don't have a great desire to sell much stuff).

Some things have gone up, some have gone cold. Guess we'll see.

To be fair, that's like the best possible scenario. It mightn't ever air. If it does air it could flop and be cancelled at the first chance. How many cartoons that are hoping to become the next big thing actually become the next big thing?

I'm not saying Todd is a bad bet. In terms of investing smaller amounts of money per comic, it and Clone are probably 2 of the better ones to gamble on.

Just generally speaking, I think the wishful thinking I see in here borders on delusional sometimes. In 5 or 10 years time when we look back with hindsight we might see that there was NOTHING worth speculating on out of the current comics. It might be 10 years before we see another Walking Dead. It might be never. It might be Todd. But it is much more likely that whatever comic you are speculating on doesn't make it to be anywhere near the next big thing.

I intend to sell this stuff and go buy and buy it later for cheap :wishluck:

If I were speculating long term I would buy nothing but Hulk 181 every time it goes 10% or more off the top. I'm strictly short term on all this stuff other than their TPBs.